• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter Practice

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I have other irons I could use on a mat, that's not what stops me. I simply don't like hitting irons off mats. I get zero feedback, you have to scoop the ball, they are nothing like real grass, etc etc. I do not like them Sam I am.

Exactly what I've done. Cheap irons with with wide flange. Mine are a set of gliders (Maltby Gliders) with graphite shafts. Got them real cheap from gplf Galaxy. Wide flange helps take up the shock of the mat.

Maltby Glider S Iron Heads

Both Wi and Zaphod make good points, I also really like the idea of a mirror in the garage. Course if I had a garage it might be easier to obtain. I don't like hitting of the mats either, so I'm with you on that one Wi. I usually do though, cause I'm out with the guys and we're having a good time! That's why I like the idea of an older set of even just a couple clubs. that I can take along and basically beat to crap!! I'd care way less about the head coming off a club I picked up for a couple bucks, than I would about it happening to my MP's.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online