• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter project: Back to basics.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
On the bigger sticks and full shots I use my legs to drive through the ball. I probably go back down the line more and spin of course but in a less circular swing. I need more room than some give themselves. I definitely try to strike the ball as i am moving to the target, not leaving the line with the bigger muscles until after i strike the ball. Lots of leg hip torso moving through the line as the club arrives at the ball.

TP I know you are trying to be helpful but all I seem to get from this post is:

$$&!£"(+++???%% V$!"&^%$()_)+++ VF""$$!!""**^&^((&!)&&&

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Yeah.
Well im not in AZ where the ball runs forever and had to learn how to carry it far enough to score well. If you play...do you want to stay on the fairway... or did that video clip get sent to hollywood?

I hit my short irons and wedges sorta like you were swinging, with an effectively open stance. I dont usually get my left hip over my left foot coming through like in your vid either. Maybe after. It is an interesting dance move, which could be useful during the holidays.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
"TrickyPutt???? This IS a necro thread! Can't believe the mods let him post almost 4,000 times before applying the ban hammer.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Necro thread - but I just signed up for hockey again. Now I gotta go relearn how to skate.

RIP Tea
It’s like riding a bicycle, it comes back fast. As you get older, getting up off the ice takes longer…way longer.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
It’s like riding a bicycle, it comes back fast. As you get older, getting up off the ice takes longer…way longer.
I went to open skate today... it took me the full hour to get to about 50% of where I was. I haven't skated in like 5 years. I'll hit up stick time before our first game, but man was I wobbly today.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I went to open skate today... it took me the full hour to get to about 50% of where I was. I haven't skated in like 5 years. I'll hit up stick time before our first game, but man was I wobbly today.
About 11 years ago, I tried to get back into rec hockey. Skated a few sessions and was getting back into it. Caught an edge in some soft ice (was playing in Florida) chasing the puck into the corner and went head first into the boards. Decided to end the experiment after that. o_O

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Old Hockey injury stories are the absolute best!! Thankfully I never suffered any concussions or serious injuries. I did break my own collar bone trying to hit a guy way bigger than me, served me right! Haha! The body sure lets you know every now and then that you played too hard. Growing old sucks gents!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Old Hockey injury stories are the absolute best!! Thankfully I never suffered any concussions or serious injuries. I did break my own collar bone trying to hit a guy way bigger than me, served me right! Haha! The body sure lets you know every now and then that you played too hard. Growing old sucks gents!!
Worst injury I experienced was a skate blade to my right bicep. I was a goaltender in my prime years and got stretched out wide on my stick side, had to sprawl on the ice to make a save on the rebound and some idiot jump over me from behind and landEd on my bicep with their skate. I could not feel my arm or put any weight on it and struggled to get up, the ref eventually realized I was turtled on the ice after a few minutes of play in the far end and finally blew the whistle. I was assisted to the bench and was fully expecting to see a lot of trauma as they removed my pads. Luckily, only ended up with a contusion and a 3 inch long scatch mark where the skate blade impacted my arm.

Sorry limp, no head injuries. I stayed conscious during my encounter with the boards a decade go. No concision or after effects.

🔥 Latest posts