• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter Projects??

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Don't worry about the creakers.................I had a set of Eye 2 irons (no ferrules) that I reshafted and they creaked a bit when I held the grip and torqued the head with a little twist. Somebody told me that could be air pockets. Bottom line is, the heads were on nice and tight and stayed that way. ;)
I thought the same thing, then my 7 iron head became embedded in a tree near the tee after impact. Had to dig out all the wood, and re-epoxy.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
As of two weeks ago, I had 1 lodge #14 cast iron skillet. I only used it for frying fish/chicken and making bacon.

As of this Friday I will have a total of 10 cast iron skillets...6 of them Griswold, 1 Wagner, 1 Lodge, 1 Favorite Piqua ware, and one unknown rusty piece I got in a lot of 4 pans in an auction that haven't arrived yet. I haven't cooked anything but spaghetti sauce and boil noodles in anything but my cast iron since then...

I'm converted...no more flaking Teflon in my food...no more buying teflon coated pans every 5 years.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
He's got the "hots" so bad for Paula Deen. All he can think of is learning to cook so maybe he'll get a little "Deen juice" to season his skillets with!!!! :D
giphy.gif

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
And that's why my clubs will be arriving at PapaD's tomorrow to be fixed. :D

Just finished this job. WARNING - NEVER use Devcon home-use epoxy. I could have pulled these shafts using a hair dryer. I honestly think that if these clubs were left in a car trunk in AZ in the summer, I could have pulled the heads off with my bare hands. You have been warned. It literally took about 5 seconds with the torch to bust the bond. It's a good thing we reglued them.

🔥 Latest posts