• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter Projects??

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Awesome! I made one too!
One of my good friends that I play golf with gave me a piece of pine and some dowell rods and asked me to make him a coat/hat rack. I decided to do him one better. He plays Titleist so I used some old Acushnet irons that I picked for a song. He was stoked. :)
View attachment 27472

Awesome work AG! Would you mind sharing how you attached the clubheads to the wood? I didn't like my method, but it seemed to hold. I ran 3/8" lag screws thru the back into the hosels with a generous load of JB Weld to take up the slack. I was going to drill them out to 1/2" and then tap them for 1/2 13 countersunk machine screws but I didn't have the drill bit I needed. I think next time I might fill the hosels with epoxy, let it dry and then drill and tap it for 3/8 machine screws.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Awesome work AG! Would you mind sharing how you attached the clubheads to the wood? I didn't like my method, but it seemed to hold. I ran 3/8" lag screws thru the back into the hosels with a generous load of JB Weld to take up the slack. I was going to drill them out to 1/2" and then tap them for 1/2 13 countersunk machine screws but I didn't have the drill bit I needed. I think next time I might fill the hosels with epoxy, let it dry and then drill and tap it for 3/8 machine screws.
In the end, I decided to use the shafts. Instead of pulling them, I cut them off leaving about 5/8" of the shaft sticking out of the head. Removed the ferruls. Drilled the holes with a drill press without going all the way through the board. A 3/8 bit made for a nice tight fit. I used Golf Works max strength epoxy because the only other real option I had was Gorilla glue and it expands too much. I think it will be strong enought to hold a coat. Time will tell.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
In the end, I decided to use the shafts. Instead of pulling them, I cut them off leaving about 5/8" of the shaft sticking out of the head. Removed the ferruls. Drilled the holes with a drill press without going all the way through the board. A 3/8 bit made for a nice tight fit. I used Golf Works max strength epoxy because the only other real option I had was Gorilla glue and it expands too much. I think it will be strong enought to hold a coat. Time will tell.

Nice - thanks!

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Repainted the PING G5 driver - can't decide to call it "Mango" or "The Fowler"

IMG_20160125_122831160_zpssqpb78z1.jpg
IMG_20160125_122807973_zps0nlp6hxk.jpg
IMG_20160125_122818361_zpsfcd1ebtc.jpg
IMG_20160125_122757442_zpsd0egfbmt.jpg

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The Oompa-Loompa?

But in all seriousness, damn fine job that one.

🔥 Latest posts