• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter time!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
We changed our clocks at the weekend, so now it gets darker one hour earlier. Batten down the hatches until Spring. I love getting home from work and being able to head outside, to work on the garden, play with the kids, go golfing etc. This time of year all those options are off the table. Hate the bloody winter.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
We changed our clocks at the weekend, so now it gets darker one hour earlier. Batten down the hatches until Spring. I love getting home from work and being able to head outside, to work on the garden, play with the kids, go golfing etc. This time of year all those options are off the table. Hate the bloody winter.

I like some moderate season changes (fall colors, cooler days) but the sunset at late afternoon just sucks, as do the dreary, wet winters here in VA. Spring is always a very welcome change! SWMBO and I are blessed - we are now both retired and will be spending our winters in Florida. The sun sets early (EST), but the temps are mild. Hang in there! :cool:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Living in a temperate to hot climate, I read the comments of you Northerners about winter with interest. In my neck of the woods, I can golf all year round. Winters are fairly mild and sunny. That said, it seems that the defined seasons for you guys can force some different interests depending on the season; eg. Golf in summer and snowboarding in winter. Interesting.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
Living in a temperate to hot climate, I read the comments of you Northerners about winter with interest. In my neck of the woods, I can golf all year round. Winters are fairly mild and sunny. That said, it seems that the defined seasons for you guys can force some different interests depending on the season; eg. Golf in summer and snowboarding in winter. Interesting.
I ski all winter, golf in the other 8 months

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa

same here dude, nice relaxed winter for us as well - no snow or stuff like that!! now summer is starting here, yesterday was a nice hot one - 35 degrees at 18:00 when I got home, sun still out and about.....fun times ahead...

🔥 Latest posts