• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wisconsin Badgers are ignored

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
They've only lost one game against Michigan and it was in Michigan. Still didn't do too bad. They've beating Penn State and everyone else they've played in the big ten by huge margins. Where do these guys picking these poll teams get this stuff from. Why would a Boise State (no offense Boise) be ranked so high? They don't play anyone good. Same with West Virginia and the Florida teams. The trouble with the big ten is there's so many good teams. So no perfect records or big blowouts (other then Wisconsin blowing everyone out). Put the Miami's, Florida's and Florida State's in the big ten for a year. Sorry to all the Florida fans again but this is my gripe and you are free to disagree. Now Texas is another story. They are tough and they played Ohio State tough. Tennessee and LSU? Don't know. But OSU #1 and Michigan #2 is right. Wisconsin #6 would be about right.

:)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Wisconsin is 8-1. Boise is 9-0. Makes sense that they'd be ranked higher, especially with a loss against the ranked team that they've played.

Who are you gonna pull out of the 6-15 slot then? Most of the teams there are pretty even and have the records to prove it. Even with 2 losses, I still think LSU is better than WI.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Go Lobos! We're not doing too well, either a great game or an aweful one.

As far as the Badgers, I'll root for them for you Warbird.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
those SEC teams would tear through wisconsin......there's just too much good competition down there...

big 12 sucks this year....

go Notre Dame!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
those SEC teams would tear through wisconsin......there's just too much good competition down there...

big 12 sucks this year....

go Notre Dame!

youngun5

Totally disagree. SEC teams are way over rated. (Same with Notre Dame).:D

Boise State plays who? Fresno State? I'd have to see what they'd do against UCLA or USC or California. It's no wonder they are undefeated. Teams come into that goofy stadium they have with the stands right up to the field and blue paint instead of grass.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I think the Badgers took their rightful spot this week at #9. I don't see anyone above them who isn't a better team. I agree that Boise State should not have been ranked again of them last week, but that's in the past now. How can you say the SEC is not a strong conference? The Big Ten has always produced some quality teams, but since 1950 the Big Ten has produced 10 champions, and the SEC has produced 15.

I'm a Badgers fan, but truth is truth, and the SEC is a quality conference.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Eracer. I totally agree with your accessment regarding the #9 ranking. I still think the Big 10 is the strongest conference and but because of the parity doesn't get the credit. :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I was surprised Rutgers didn't move up more.

Sorry, I wouldn't rank them ahead of anybody in the top five. Not even Florida, who really squeaked past South Carolina this week. I think Michigan and Ohio State are clearly 1,2.

You could, I suppose, make the argument that Rutgers could be ahead of USC (at #3), but I think Arkansas is a better team than Rutgers. I don't think The Hogs are getting the love they deserve.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
alright what about Rutgers undefeated and beat the #3 ranked team.9-0 yet still only ranked 7th.how many undefeated teams in the polls 3 and one of them is Rutgers.after this weekend there will be only 2(if Rutgers wins).if they finish the seaon undefeated they should be ranked no less then 2.but that wont happen because the polls hate the Big East.come`on they ranked Syracuse 5th in the preseason the yr they defended the tittle(ncaab)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
that k-state - texas game was CRAZY, i was so jealous my cousin got to rush the field...

thats college, i got to rush the field in high school...so much fun

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Badgers end regular season 11-1, only loss to Michigan (in Michigan). And not a blowout. They ended up with a fair ranking although I think they should have been higher yet.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Badgers end regular season 11-1, only loss to Michigan (in Michigan). And not a blowout. They ended up with a fair ranking although I think they should have been higher yet.

Great year for the Badgers. They should be in the Capital One Bowl here in Orlando this year against Arkansas. That should be a good game.

Of course, if Michigan somehow isn't playing Ohio State for the championship, then Michigan should be in the Capital One Bowl as the #2 Big Ten team. I don't know where the Badgers would end up then. Maybe the Outback Bowl here in Tampa (as #3 Big Ten).

Of course, the BCS may pick Michigan for the Rose Bowl, if USC plays OSU for the title.

I'm so confused...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.