• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wisconsin deer hunt

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, I can't match Goatster's deer pics, but here's the buck I got. Missing one antler.............it was there during bow season when my BIL saw it. Dressed out at 170, but rack wasn't much. Oh well.
deer 007a.jpg
deer 008a.jpg

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Here's another............neighbors beautiful house is in background.
deer 006a.jpg

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Woulda been a nice buck had it had its other antler.:) Oh well it is still a deer and that is all that really counts lol. Our rifle doesnt star until Monday here. But it doesnt matter because all I can shoot now is a doe, should fill the two doe tags fairly fast.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
For the sake of the car its a good thing the antler is gone. I am also surprised they let postal workers own guns.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Got back from my hunt yesterday, and it was a mostly good time, except for getting a nasty cold before we left.

I shot at but missed a spike (2-pointer) on opening day, and didn't have a shot the rest of the weekend. Went to a few different hunting spots than I've gone to before, and considering the deer traffic, I may go back to those spots. First time I was ever in a tree stand, though. Usually you'd have to drug me to get my ass more than 4 feet into a tree, but I finally sucked it up and got up there. Wasn't too bad until the wind picked up.

My dad got 2, a buck and a doe (we think the buck he got was the one I missed the day before; same length on the antlers, similar size). But, he deserved to get the deer more than anyone else in our group, considering everything he's been through over the last year (that's another story).

One guy we know up there got a very nice 8-pointer. Probably 200lbs dressed, 22" spread.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's a deer?

Hanson Buck.

World record score of 213 and 5/8. It weighed 200lbs dressed.

Shot: Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada, 1993.

Before that, the record was from Wisconsin, interestingly enough.

I rest my case, however.:laugh:

R35
Hanson+Buck.jpg
hansonbuck.jpg

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
ill post pics of a the 8 i killed about a month ago... pissed nobody took a pic of it on the truck..

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
Well, I can't match Goatster's deer pics, but here's the buck I got. Missing one antler.............it was there during bow season when my BIL saw it. Dressed out at 170, but rack wasn't much. Oh well.

ya know what they say cant eat the horns anyway.:laugh:

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Here's a totally different kind of hunt. I think the buck is going to win. :laugh:
Thehunt.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Here's a totally different kind of hunt. I think the buck is going to win. :laugh:

You need something in that picture for reference. Like a gatorade bottle.

The bottle would TOWER over those deer. LOL...:laugh:

Here's something, er, someone for scale....:D

2807d1168830188-texas-deer-well-sorta-little-

R35

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
LyleG: For the sake of the car its a good thing the antler is gone. I am also surprised they let postal workers own guns.
They know better than to try to take the guns away from postal workers.

LyleG: Just noticed it, nice liscence plate LMAO.
Yup.........it was Warbirdlover's car, so I wasn't worried about the antlers scratching it...........lol.:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts