• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wisconsin deer hunt

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
There were alot of big racks taken near us..........here is just one:
bigdeerA.jpg

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Yeh I understand how you could be disturbed by the above photo, but people are idiots. Since when do you sign your posts as 19? I thought that was insulting to be mixed up with him.:)

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
And I also wish I would have gotten a damn deer that size in my first year of hunting, all I shot was a doe. And it still got me hooked for life.:)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Wow. A Mercury Sable. About the only car that I can think of where a dead deer on the back actually improves the looks, and probably the resale value as well.

Bambi murderers!!!!!!

SiberianDVM

Doc, you cracked me up!! :laugh: If that Sable wasn't such a good car (amazing for a Ford product) and had more then 62,000 original miles (mostly mine) it would have been long replaced by some Japanese or Korean car. (And if the Wisconsin DNR didn't have this stupid "earn-a-buck" program which requires you to shoot bambi or his sister to be able to shoot a normal, old buck, I'd never shoot a doe.) :D

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
Any of you guys heard about this critter? Seems we would have if it was really taken in Steuben. What is the gun you can just barely see?

Don't have any details on exactly in Steuben Cty it was taken but that sure looks like a yellow NY tag on the horn!!
big deer.jpg
big deer 2.jpg

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
must be a bitch to drag those things out of the forest, is there some kind of trick to it?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You haven't "hunted" until you've had to drag a 250 lb. dressed buck like that out of the woods over a mile through marsh and woods. If you're going to have a heart attack that will trigger it for you..... :D

Which reminds me of a joke.

There were these two (Polish, Italian, Canadian or whoever you want to pick on) guys dragging a big buck out of the woods by the hind legs and the horns were hooking on all the brush and they were having a terrible time. This other hunter comes along and says "hey, grab his horns and pull him and he'll slid right along no problem". So they tried it and the one guys says "that guy was right, this is alot easier" and the other guy says "yeah, but aren't we getting farther away from the car now?" :D

Oh well....

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
:hunter:, No doubt, that's a Huge deer. Not trying to start a fight or anything, but to all you against hunting deer, if there was no hunting season, you'd have deer dying in your yards of starvation, and your cars and trucks would be demolished from hitting deer all the time on the roads.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Which reminds me of a joke.

There were these two (Polish, Italian, Canadian or whoever you want to pick on) guys dragging a big buck out of the woods by the hind legs and the horns were hooking on all the brush and they were having a terrible time. This other hunter comes along and says "hey, grab his horns and pull him and he'll slid right along no problem". So they tried it and the one guys says "that guy was right, this is alot easier" and the other guy says "yeah, but aren't we getting farther away from the car now?" :D

That's a good one.

Two polish (Italian, Canadian, whomever...:laugh:) hunters found them selves lost deep in the woods. One of them says, "you know, I heard that when you're lost deep in the woods you should fire three shots into the air every 30 minutes."

So the the other guy fires three shots, waits thirty minutes, fires three more shots, waits again, then fires two shots.

His buddy says, where's the third shot?

He answers, "I'm out of arrows..."

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I love to hunt!....our season here lasts from the 2nd week in September to the first of January......Heres my best, taken in 02
deer.jpg

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
but to all you against hunting deer, if there was no hunting season, you'd have deer dying in your yards of starvation, and your cars and trucks would be demolished from hitting deer all the time on the roads.

As opposed to just hitting deer most of the time on the roads?

Hunt legally if you want to, it's fine by me. Just don't go telling me how great a hunter and humanitarian you are because you can use a rifle and 'scope to kill an animal with ZERO capability to defend itself.

🔥 Latest posts