• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wish me luck

Evesdad

Jun 18, 2006
I am playing my step dad for the first time today (Sunday) my game has gone to pot, not that a had a lot to go anyway! Its raining bad as well, all is not looking good. I had a lesson recently to try and sort out my slice. My woods are now better but my irons have got worse!! You just cant win at this game. Let you know how i got on.

OP
E

Evesdad

Jun 18, 2006
it could of been worse.

Could of been worse, shot 125!! i usually shoot low nineties, got whooped on front nine, so had given up relaxed and then he lost it i pulled it all together and only had a couple of bad holes on the back nine. This is so the worst and best sport in the world.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
You usually shoot low 90's and you shot 125, Was it at a harder course than your used to ?

OP
E

Evesdad

Jun 18, 2006
Bad

Played here many times before which makes it worst. My balls were fitted with tree magnets before we played. On the first, an out of bounds runs along the right. I said to my step dad that my slice puts me in the hedge but after my lesson recently my slice is diminishing. Where did my ball go, straight over. Drop ball. Second hit found bushes with ditch. drop ball. 2 shots to green 2 putts. Round is now ruined on first hole. Played better on back 9. We did have a good day it took 4 1/2 hours to get round it was quite busy. Step dad played ok putting me to shame until my bad play rubbed off on him and it was he who had a mare on the back 9. All in all it got me out as it has been a barren summer for golf for me and given me that kick to practice and play more. And for me i hit some cracking drives.

OP
E

Evesdad

Jun 18, 2006
Yep

A couple of long and straight ones which is very rare for me!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.