• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WITB 18 hdcp (Future Touring Pro)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My Dad is obscessed with American Idol and I am going to be pissed in April when he wants to wants to watch AI and I want to watch Big Break: Kaanipali.
Both on Tuesday Nights :mad:

No offense to you, but your Dad is insane. AI is for fairies and women. He can make a choice of what he wants to be categorized as.

AI is what's wrong with the western world.

You can tell him I said that. :) :D

R35

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Why don't people get that?

There are simple, immutable laws of physics that determine ballflight.

What type of club applies those forces to a ball simply doesn't matter.

GI and SGI irons make it easier to hit the ball straight. They have no relevance when discussing the ability to work the ball.

Yeah so true I would still either slice or hook a GI or SGI. haha

OP
BladerHater

BladerHater

Feb 22, 2008
to put in it LAMEmans terms (pun intended) he was saying he would still have a bananna slice and a nice snap hook occasionally even with SGI POS REG. FLEX GRAPHITE SHOVELS.....

I have never seen these tragic ball flights, the only trouble i have is the slight draw...

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
^^^ To add to that, it had to do with what eracer said. I was just joking I'm sure I could hit them straight.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Yeah so true I would still either slice or hook a GI or SGI. haha

You're thinking just cause you play POS Blades that you're "too much" for Game Improvement irons?

You said you slice an R7 draw, I think it's your swing more than anything, to be honest.

OP
BladerHater

BladerHater

Feb 22, 2008
You're thinking just cause you play POS Blades that you're "too much" for Game Improvement irons?

You said you slice an R7 draw, I think it's your swing more than anything, to be honest.

Two words: Thank You:)

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
To be honest I would super hook an r7 draw iron or are you talking about driver? Could you spell out what you mean by "too much for SGI" I'm a little slow tonite. Besides I'm getting some of the best name brand irons here next month.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I was talking about your post about the R7 driver.

Sorry to break it to you, name brands mean squat. Want me to elaborate?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
To be honest I would super hook an r7 draw iron or are you talking about driver? Could you spell out what you mean by "too much for SGI" I'm a little slow tonite. Besides I'm getting some of the best name brand irons here next month.

Miura?

R35

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007

Well I herd that the loft was too low which made it slice easier, plus that was before I got my swing looked at by my instructor. Now I'm doing a lot better iron wise any ways.

OP
BladerHater

BladerHater

Feb 22, 2008

The funny thing is you may not lose yards on the center of the face but with non- name brand clubs, you lose soooo much yardage on off center hits. It is magnified in non name brand golf balls. Take for instance there is a 13 yard difference between Volvik golf balls and the Taylormade TP Black. However, there are unknown companies like Miura and Tom Wishon that make good clubs.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
The funny thing is you may not lose yards on the center of the face but with non- name brand clubs, you lose soooo much yardage. It is magnified in non name brand golf balls. Take for instance there is a 13 yard difference between Volvik golf balls and the Taylormade TP Black. However, there are unknown companies like Miura and Tom Wishon that make good clubs.
There is just so much wrong with this statement, I don't even know where to begin....

🔥 Latest posts