• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WITB for 2021 anything NEW??

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
I feel like I should put a S. Cameron Puttah in the bag.. before I exit this earth, it just seems right to do.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
My best friend is a chef and restaurant owner, he has a rather extensive knife collection now because of his craft. He also has a very simple mathematical equation when deciding if he needs another knife... N+1= the number of knives one needs. N, being the number of knives you currently have.

It can be used for all kinds of things; Drivers, putters, bottles of scotch, power tools, cars...
I used the same formula buying cigars. Had to get a 2nd desktop humidor, filled it.:rolleyes:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I feel like I should put a S. Cameron Puttah in the bag.. before I exit this earth, it just seems right to do.
Have probably owned at least a half dozen Scottys over the years. My last one went away a few days ago. They are beautiful! I still drool when walking past the store display. Just never had one that stuck for a long time. This last one... a GoLo... probably lasted the longest. I had it about 4 years. Didn't spend all that time in the bag. I was about ready to begin charging it rent for the basement it resided in.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I used the same formula buying cigars. Had to get a 2nd desktop humidor, filled it.:rolleyes:

Cigars was on my list! Haha, I just tried keeping it short. Don’t wanna get flagged for another long post!! [emoji4]

My 2 cents on Cameron putters: Iconic name in the game, beautiful pieces of artwork as far as I’m concerned. His craftsmanship is maybe second to none?!? They are just too damn expensive!! Now I do own three, likely won’t ever get rid of them because I just like them. But I play and putt better with an Odyssey that was half the price!! Go figure, stupid game!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
WITB new today :D and ready to hunt with:

Cleveland Huntington Beach Puttah.
Mavrik Std. R flex drivah
New midsize “tour wrap”grips on my hogan apex edge pros
And of course the practice ranges would be closed from last nights rain...o_O

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
WITB new today :D and ready to hunt with:

Cleveland Huntington Beach Puttah.
Mavrik Std. R flex drivah
New midsize “tour wrap”grips on my hogan apex edge pros
And of course the practice ranges would be closed from last nights rain...o_O
WBL, on this forum, loves his Huntington Beach putter. I am slowly warming up to my Mavrik. Had the Aldila "S" flex back in it this morning. That's the shaft I'll try to leave in it. I was a little wild, but only because of too many clothes. Couldn't get through the ball and kept coming over the top. The ball coming off the face just goes forever.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
The Hogans actually have stiff shafts... NS1050 or something like that. I recall having them put in years ago. Not sure why... probably something I read about here or on somewhere else haha

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The Hogans actually have stiff shafts... NS1050 or something like that. I recall having them put in years ago. Not sure why... probably something I read about here or on somewhere else haha
Hogan Edges? Those are almost as old as I am! :>) Early to mid 90's vintage. Hogan's first venture into perimeter weighted irons. The Edge sold really well. Don't remember too much about the Edge Pro.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
These are circa 2002 :)
Now in Avatar lol
They are in good condition face wise.
I would be very tempted to get a new set, if I had any kind of a golf game .... and if sleepy Joe had sent me money, which he did not!!

Last edited:

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Considering turning my Vans into spikes...

upload_2021-3-18_10-14-54.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Really missing our old golf cart with the "Door Works" cover. My golf buddy and I sold ours this past winter. Couldn't ride together due to COVID, so one had to rent a cart. Now in the program where we get use of one of the club's carts... and they don't have covers. Have survived, so far. Still can get really chilly in an open cart... in 30 degree temps... with 30 mph winds.
Nice to not have the worries of maintenance. No batteries to keep up. No tires to keep aired or replace. No personal property tax. (Yes, our county taxes golf carts.) No charger worries. Do I want to trade the convenience of using the club's cart to owning one... just to have the winter cover??
Decisions, decisions....

Latest posts