• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WITB for 2021 anything NEW??

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
There was a time when I’d changed my lineup more than I changed my socks. But nothing has really changed for me in a few years now and to be honest, I kinda like it that way. Different clubs may make appearances from the collection time to time, but here are the gamers as they sit:

Titleist 917 D2 - 11*
917 F2 - 16*
915 H - 19*
Adams A7 Idea 4i - 22*
Mizuno MP52 (5-PW)
Vokey SM5 (52-F, 56-S, 60-L)
Odyssey Works V-line TANK

Ball: E6 or QStar

Also giving myself the personal goal in 2021 of trying to double my rounds played from that in 2020... For the record, I played ONCE!!! LOL here’s to crushing that goal I hope!!

Last edited:

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
United States United States
Nothing new this year which I am really excited about. I wanted to commit to not changing my clubs for at least this season. I have the following in my bag:

Ping G400 Driver
Ping Zing irons 3-SW
Ping B60 putter
Ben Hogan midsize staff bag

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Picked up a Callaway "Jaws" 50 degree wedge for a gap wedge if I go back to the iBlades. As good as the Eye 2's are treating me, don't know if I will play the iBlades or trade them.

As reported, regripped the Eye 2's and installed backer rod in the shafts.

Demo'd an Epic Flash this morning. Like new at the golf course. I was handed a nice gift certificate for the course pro shop and thought about using it on a driver. The settings were all wrong and it felt dead. Even when I hit it well, it seemed as if my Mini's were just as long or longer. Plan to toss my Callaway wrench in, tomorrow morning. If it's still there, I may change the settings and try it again.

I WILL have a different putter in the not too distant future... even if I have to sell my wife to get one!!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Nothing new this year which I am really excited about. I wanted to commit to not changing my clubs for at least this season. I have the following in my bag:

Ping G400 Driver
Ping Zing irons 3-SW
Ping B60 putter
Ben Hogan midsize staff bag

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The B60 is a very pretty flat stick. Always preferred it’s style over the anser, but that’s just me... The Eye2 irons are my favourite offering from Ping, but the Zing’s are a solid second!! It’s also just fun to say, “Ping Zing” I sure hope that was a marketing tool!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played my full 18, this morning, with the Epic Flash. Read reviews, last night, and was ready to bag it for good. After playing 9 yesterday and 18 today, I handed it back and told them to never let me be tempted again! Really disappointed. I hit some drives today where the guys would say, "You really pounded that one!" The ball would take off like a bullet, on a nice baby draw trajectory. When we would get to it, the ball would be 10 yards short of where I usually hit my Mini. The guys were out driving me all day, even though we were shaking our heads as we watched the ball flight. I'm usually longer with my Mini than they are with their drivers. Could have been the shaft. Who knows. And... it had a dull "thud", even when caught on the screws. The sound was one of the complaints in the reviews I read.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What was the shaft Limp? What do you use on the Mini?
The Epic Flash had an "R" flex Tensl shaft. I don't do well with regular shafts in my driver. My golf swing is a hybrid between Jim Furyk and Charles Barkley. A soft regular will perform all kinds of gyrations during the swing. My Mini's have Kuro Kage shafts. The Mini shafts are 44" so a little shorter. The Mini I rely on most has an "S" flex Kuro Kage. The other has the same shaft in "R" flex. Both do work well.
Had I had more time to "play", would have switched the Kuro Kage (S) out of the Mini into the Epic. The reason I didn't was the Epic never felt really good and the distance was disappointing. One of the players in our group hit it a couple times. He is an excellent driver of the ball. Just like me, he thought he nailed the drive... and it didn't go anywhere near as far as his old Ping G2 usually does.

In our geezer group, shafts run the entire gamut. A couple of them play "A" flex... Senior flex. They get along fine with those. Most of the others play "R" flex. I'm the only one who has almost all "S" flex through the bag. I'm too old to hit "S" flex. But I hit them well. As said, I generally outdrive the others in the group with my Mini which has an "S" flex. My iBlades have KBS Tour shafts in "S" flex. I had a set of soft regular graphite shafts in a set of Pings for a very short while. They felt good, but were the most inconsistent I've ever owned.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
The Epic Flash had an "R" flex Tensl shaft. I don't do well with regular shafts in my driver. My golf swing is a hybrid between Jim Furyk and Charles Barkley. A soft regular will perform all kinds of gyrations during the swing. My Mini's have Kuro Kage shafts. The Mini shafts are 44" so a little shorter. The Mini I rely on most has an "S" flex Kuro Kage. The other has the same shaft in "R" flex. Both do work well.
Had I had more time to "play", would have switched the Kuro Kage (S) out of the Mini into the Epic. The reason I didn't was the Epic never felt really good and the distance was disappointing. One of the players in our group hit it a couple times. He is an excellent driver of the ball. Just like me, he thought he nailed the drive... and it didn't go anywhere near as far as his old Ping G2 usually does.

In our geezer group, shafts run the entire gamut. A couple of them play "A" flex... Senior flex. They get along fine with those. Most of the others play "R" flex. I'm the only one who has almost all "S" flex through the bag. I'm too old to hit "S" flex. But I hit them well. As said, I generally outdrive the others in the group with my Mini which has an "S" flex. My iBlades have KBS Tour shafts in "S" flex. I had a set of soft regular graphite shafts in a set of Pings for a very short while. They felt good, but were the most inconsistent I've ever owned.

Seems like a perfect example of different strokes for different folks. As long as each person in the group gets along, does it really matter what letter the shaft has???

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
As long as each person in the group gets along, does it really matter what letter the shaft has???
"... gets along..." We have the best group of misfits you could ask for! The Greens Superintendent says we "fight like sisters". You couldn't imagine the pressure and trash talk that goes on when over a putt that could win 25 cents!!!! There is a deep political divide, almost right down the middle of the group. We had to have a very serious talk a few months ago. Now... any political comments are off limits. Any one of the group would give another the shirt off their back. Up until 2020, we always had an annual "dinner" where the wives accompanied us to a nice restaurant and we could tell tall stories and bore the wives to death. Yes... we "get along". If you heard us jawing on the course or writing in anger as we have to pass 50 cents to another after the round, you would think us mortal enemies!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well... I now own the Epic Flash! It was still at the course the past couple days. Just kept calling out to me. Went out a little early. Switched the shaft in it with the Speeder from my XR16. Wow! What a difference! Hit the snot out of it today. So... it's in the bag.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, the Epic Flash didn't last long. It has been replaced by a Mavrik. And... the old GoLo Scotty replaced by a red Odyssey Works 7s. I tried at least four different shafts in the Epic and it just never seemed to want to give me any distance over my Mini 1.5's. And... the Mini's are always in the fairway, unlike the Epic. Got the regular Mavrik, not the Max or the Sub Zero.

Last edited:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, the Epic Flash didn't last long. It has been replaced by a Mavrik. And... the old GoLo Scotty replaced by a red Odyssey Works 7s. I tried at least four different shafts in the Epic and it just never seemed to want to give me any distance over my Mini 1.5's. And... the Mini's are always in the fairway, unlike the Epic. Got the regular Mavrik, not the Max or the Sub Zero.
ANOTHER driver? Maybe someday I'll be able to keep up with you.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
ANOTHER driver? Maybe someday I'll be able to keep up with you.

My best friend is a chef and restaurant owner, he has a rather extensive knife collection now because of his craft. He also has a very simple mathematical equation when deciding if he needs another knife... N+1= the number of knives one needs. N, being the number of knives you currently have.

It can be used for all kinds of things; Drivers, putters, bottles of scotch, power tools, cars...

🔥 Latest posts