• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Witnessed first Golf Injury of the season....that's yet to start!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Went golfing today at a course closed for the winter.,...but thawed out enough for us "Die Hard" golfers.

One of the guys in my foursome was Todd....Todd is the guy you bring with you golfing, to parties and other social occasions simply because if some freak accident or odd occurance happens, it happens to Todd.

He's like a "Stupidity Magnet"....he always seems to catch whatever odd, freak thing that is coming towards us.

He's one of those guys who takes things in stride and is one of those who (thankfully) laughs at his misfortunes.

So today.......

We get to the course...and there's no one on the course except us four guys.

We all tee off and I gotta admit, for four guys who haven't hit anything outdoors in a couple months, our drives were impressive.

We walk up to our balls and take our turns for our second shots...I watch as Todd struggles to get the bag off his shoulders....the strap caught on his windshirt...he struggles for a few minutes, finally gets it off, sets the bag down on the fold out legs and tries to pull out his 7-iron...like many carry bags, the club is stuck...he struggles and struggles, but the club is caught.

I told him to stand the bag straight up and jiggle the bag a bit and THEN pull the club out.

I guess I should have told him to pull the club out gently, because he must have thought he needed to yank it hard, as if breaking a seal.

I looked in a combination awe and horror as he held the bag with one hand, and viciously yanked the club out of the bag.....unfortunately he forgot to get his face out of the way and the club head cracked him in the nose and blood spurted everywhere!

He staggered back as if he took a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris....and now blood was all over his face, windshirt and ground.

Of course, with all of us being close and caring friends that we were...and one, a member of the volunteer fire dept who knows first aid, we we quickly lept into.........laughter.

I gotta admit, Todd was a real trooper....after a few minutes of pressing the nose and getting the bleeding to stop....we went on again and finished our 18 holes.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Oh man that would suck. To be honest I would have probably went home because the course was telling me that it didn't want me to play. I'm going to be careful now if my irons get suck which they seem to every time I'm in a hurry.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'd have to empty the bag when I was finished, put it out in some field and use it for target practice with my .300 Win mag. :D

The bag would PAY!! :D

(and I'd also laugh my ass off if that happened to sssmokin)... :D

-IceMan-

A good walk spoiled.
Mar 12, 2008
nice Chuck Norris plug there. Ever fallen out a golf cart? Gotten chased by a gator? Gaggle of geese? Had your ball land in a dried up river bed only to find you had to hit the shot out of a pile of dead or dying fish? Gotten hit by a ball from two holes over in the groin? Been hit by your grandfather in a runaway cart with no brakes? I'd say Todd and I need to play a few rounds. I need someone like that to absorb at least some of this.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Literal LOL for me too!

Bonus strokes to Todd for finishing the round.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
nice Chuck Norris plug there. Ever fallen out a golf cart? Gotten chased by a gator? Gaggle of geese? Had your ball land in a dried up river bed only to find you had to hit the shot out of a pile of dead or dying fish? Gotten hit by a ball from two holes over in the groin? Been hit by your grandfather in a runaway cart with no brakes? I'd say Todd and I need to play a few rounds. I need someone like that to absorb at least some of this.

Well I think that you've got me beat there. Ill be happy to be the one who doesnt have something go wrong... for once.

-IceMan-

A good walk spoiled.
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah. My dad described my experiences as "starting young" I just thought that Golfers must all be sadists. I realize now that we're all just insane to do this.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
It's always funny till someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious. :biglol:

Glad he wasn't hurt to bad, and congrats to him for finishing up the round.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online