• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Witnessed my first ever hole in one!

Smoothturn2

Feb 15, 2009
Today was amazing! I didn't score that well (79 on the North Course at Torrey Pines) but I made great improvments on my swing and iron play. Anyways to the point, I was witness to the first hole in one that I have ever seen. I was playing with 3 other strangers and a gentleman I was playing with stuck his tee shot on #3 (no big deal 117 yard par 3) to about 5 feet and when he did we all got excited and all talked about how none of us have a hole in one nor have we ever seen one hit. So ther same guy then proceeds to hit his tee shot on #6 (much harder par 3 160 yards, shot straight into the pacific ocean and into a strong breeze, straight down hill, O.B. over and left, and the green is heavily surronded by bunkers). The win was blowing awfully hard this afternoon so he said, "well if I had a knockdown in my bag i'd hit it here!" He then hits a very thin shot so I say, "there is your knockdown shot, haha." The ball lands about 15 feet from the green and continues to roll towards the hole. The ball never left the perfect line as it then proceeded to hit the pin and fall into the cup for the hole in one! It was amazing, totally made my round and the fact that it was at Torrey, and on a difficult hole made it that much better. And to make the story even better, the guy wasn't even supposed to be out on the course today! How is that for fate!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Good luck on seeing it happen. I saw a friend hit the pin and bounce back to a foot from the cup, and his reaction was priceless.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.