• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wolf pics

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The land we lease for deer hunting in Central Wisconsin has a pack of wolves living on it now. My brother-in-law who bow hunts has seen several together in the last year and a half. Another guy in our lease group who bow hunts there had his camera with and took these pics of one of the young wolves (about 75 lbs) crossing the road. Sent these to Zaphod, and he said the DNR told him that the younger wolves are being pushed out of the breeding packs up in Northern Wisconsin and have been moving down South the last few years as displaced loner males. In minimal places (like ours) they have formed packs. Although Zaphod hasn't seen any, they have found wolf scat on his land, also. He does have bears for sure, however...........LOL. Anyway, here are the pics:
2007%20067.jpg
2007%20068.jpg
2007%20075.jpg
2007%20076.jpg

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Im not a real big fan of wolves but we dont have any around my area. But we do have plenty of Coyotes which Im also not a big fan of...:( They are quite scary when they are standing 5 yards away from you snarling at the base of your tree stand. It was lucky it ran away or I would have shot it, I think it may have had something wrong with it though.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Coyotes arent bad. Used to have them out at my parent house all the time, but urban sprawl has pushed them away.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Im not a real big fan of wolves but we dont have any around my area. But we do have plenty of Coyotes which Im also not a big fan of...:( They are quite scary when they are standing 5 yards away from you snarling at the base of your tree stand. It was lucky it ran away or I would have shot it, I think it may have had something wrong with it though.

We have tons of wolves here. They're all over. But, with only one fatality and less than a handful of attacks over the last 100 years, they're doing their best to keep out of our way.

Coyotes, on the other hand, can be a nuisance. Especially with garbage. But, coyotes keep vermin numbers down, so it sucks to shoot 'em.

R35

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I am a big hunter and I hunt everything around here. And I am not usually bothered by Coyotes but this one was different. I think there was a good chance it had rabies because when they see you they usually run, this one started getting vicous and trying to come towards me. I was hunting Squirrel though and the Coyote didnt like the shotgun pointed at it so it did eventually leave. But it wasnt normal.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Cool pics!
I wanna see some wolves now, hmm would it be crazy to wish they would travel the 1/2 hr south & hang out in my area?

I get a kick out of the turkeys, foxes, etc that are all over. My wife & I put on quite a few miles last year looking for the "Pardeeville bear", it was sighted a few times & then disappeared.

🔥 Latest posts