• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wolves and Coyotes Suck

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
I'm just not comfortable walking in and out of the woods in the dark knowing I could be easily stalked and killed by a wolf since I'm so deaf.

Imagine how the deer feel!

They're just wandering around in the woods, minding their own business, trying to find enough food before winter, and BLAM! Somebody shoots 'em from a tree stand ( because they haven't yet evolved a defense for aerial attack, having never needed one in millions of years ).

I doubt they are too 'comfortable' with that, either.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm just not comfortable walking in and out of the woods in the dark knowing I could be easily stalked and killed by a wolf since I'm so deaf. And I think fawns are cuter then coyotes or wolves.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Ah, and let us note our arrogance. We are a species of this planet, nothing more. Perhaps we weren't meant to go into that dark.

In a cosmic scale, the fact that some hunt wolves just to be rid of them, like pests, there is justice in what they can do to us. ;)

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
They are a beautiful animal, but I don't want to be dinner for them.

The odds of that happening are incredibly slim. The last time a wild wolf killed a human in North America was 1922. Four people have been killed in the US since 1830.

If you are concerned about those odds, I'm sure you don't ever get in a car. For that matter, more people have been killed while golfing...

BARNYARDIAN: PEOPLE WHO DIED PLAYING GOLF - KARMA STYLE

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have no problems with wolves or coyotes being in the woods with me. The human species has evolved to be the smartest and have developed ways to defeat those animals that are naturally better hunters than we are. Without our ability to create tools and utilize technology i doubt the human race would still be here. We are simply not equiped(naturally) to survive in the wild.

Fortunatly we have also been blessed with the knowledge that if we kill animals off completely we no longer have a source of food. Conservation is one of our greatest assets, and hunters contribute more dollars into conservation than anyone else on this earth.

Wolves are doing what they were meant to, as are we. Surviving. We both survive in different ways but its still the same thing once you get down to it. Self preservation is key. If a wolve threatens my life i attempt to protect myself in any means possible, just like a deer. The only difference is, i have more choices than just running.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It is true about the coyotes and their normal killing of fawns but now combine that with the all-knowing Department of Natural Resources (backed by the auto insurance companies) trying to thin out the herd with their goofy "earn-a-buck" deal and

coyotes + killing lots of does = no deer.

If you're going to put wolves and coyotes back in then don't promote killing off the does during deer hunting season.

Forgot to add this to the equation... :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Its only Earn-a-buck in areas where CWD is present and they are attempting to kill off the disease(which will never happen) so thats why they are having people killl off a large percentage of does

The only way to eliminate the disease would be to kill off ALL the deer which would take alot more than just making hunters kill does before bucks and even if they do manage to eliminate the deer population they are going to have to re-introduce the animals to the area and lose millions of dollars in revenue from deer hunting licnenses for at least a few years to let them re-populate the area. After that they may still aquire the disease again anyway...

They understand what that would cost, they arnt stupid, they know if they do nothing they will be under fire from several different agencies, so the easiest(cheapest) way out is earn-a-buck.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Earn-a-buck is not only in the CWD areas. It is most of the central part of the state. Idiots. :mad:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Bah, not like you are a real hunter anyway. :p

Going out with a high powered rifle to drop a large dog with antlers that poses nearly no threat to you does not make you a hunter. ;)

And yes, I want to go hunting some day.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Bear hunt with a 6 inch knife. Now that is exciting shit.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Bear hunt with a 6 inch knife. Now that is exciting shit.

6inches, that wouldn't even cut through their fur. That would be interesting. Ever heard of the "Grizzly Man" ? He only had a video camera and a still camera and was miles from anybody in Grizzly country. Now thats...ummm guts or nuts I can't decide which.

In all seriousness though he took some amazing footage and stills.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
6inches, that wouldn't even cut through their fur. That would be interesting. Ever heard of the "Grizzly Man" ? He only had a video camera and a still camera and was miles from anybody in Grizzly country. Now thats...ummm guts or nuts I can't decide which.

In all seriousness though he took some amazing footage and stills.

and in the end became a tasty snack

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
and in the end became a tasty snack

Very true. I must admit I was fascinated by the series on Discovery ( i think it was discovery anyway) about him and all the footage he took. I wonder about people like him-they fascinate me. Another person that fasinated me was Christopher Mcandless, the story by Jon Krakauer "into the wild" good movie and want to read the book.

sorry to threadjack.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
*ALERT* Threadjack continued *ALERT*

Into the wild was a great movie. Another guy who you would like is Troy Hurtubise. This nut has been trying to invent a suit so he can live with grizzley bears.

YouTube - Troy Hurtubise: Project Grizzly (this is funny and true)

Troy Hurtubise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and finally, his documentary which aired on the CBC. Having seen it, I can only say that fascinating is an understatement.

Project Grizzly (1996)

Amazon.ca: B0002KQ72I or 6305198152

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Had to laugh watching that clip. Just makes me shake my head when I see guys like this.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
You need to see the documentary then. As insane as the clips make him out to be, hearing him talk and discuss his beliefs make the clips look sane in comparison. BTW he has spent over $250,000 trying to invent this suit.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.