• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Woods Not Catching Nicklaus' Major Record

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Call me a heretic but I think Tiger still bests Jack. A move back to butch, and one last late career push. The only big if is if his body hold out.

Butch said no way is he coaching Tiger again.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Call me a heretic but I think Tiger still bests Jack. A move back to butch, and one last late career push. The only big if is if his body hold out.
Wow! Good to see you around!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It doesn't surprise me the Butch and Hank said that, publicly.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we learn sometime soon that Butch and Tiger worked it out, tiger is going back to Butch and paying him lots.

It also wouldn't surprise me if that didn't happen.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
By the way, he'll have a new piece of equipment in the bag.

248_small_Quad_Cane_with_Small_Base_in_Bronze_5620br.jpg

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I didn't hear that. I think that's way too early for him to come back and play at any competitive level
This is a pretty low key tournament though, he may just use it as a gauge to where he is.

titaniummd

Aug 26, 2006
His winning was through the team of his old caddy, his dad, and Butch Harmon. I don't know why he and Steve parted ways. Now he is also trying to reinvent his swing. He lost his short game. I think he has lost his fan base, too. He was too cocky and he deserves to be put back into his place. A bunch of kids waited for him to sign autographs and meet him at the Masters, my daughter and niece amongst them. He walked right by all of the kids, and spoke to the adults, not even acknowledging the kids.

Best to just save his back and forget his chances of beating Jack's records. Second best is good enough. He's washed up.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
His winning was through the team of his old caddy, his dad, and Butch Harmon. I don't know why he and Steve parted ways. Now he is also trying to reinvent his swing. He lost his short game. I think he has lost his fan base, too. He was too cocky and he deserves to be put back into his place. A bunch of kids waited for him to sign autographs and meet him at the Masters, my daughter and niece amongst them. He walked right by all of the kids, and spoke to the adults, not even acknowledging the kids.

Best to just save his back and forget his chances of beating Jack's records. Second best is good enough. He's washed up.
I think we will see one more good run from tiger. Keep in mind over the last 5 Years, this "has been" has the most wins on tour- I think that's the stat I heard the other day and even I was surprised.

The truth is, and nobody likes to hear it, is that the tour and golf on tv need tiger playing well. Otherwise ratings drop. Rory is phenomenal, but not the draw that tiger is.

As for the autographs, that sucks. He's not the first pro we've heard ugly things about. There are a bunch of threads about Bubba Watson and others.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I think we will see one more good run from tiger. Keep in mind over the last 5 Years, this "has been" has the most wins on tour- I think that's the stat I heard the other day and even I was surprised.

The truth is, and nobody likes to hear it, is that the tour and golf on tv need tiger playing well. Otherwise ratings drop. Rory is phenomenal, but not the draw that tiger is.

As for the autographs, that sucks. He's not the first pro we've heard ugly things about. There are a bunch of threads about Bubba Watson and others.
^^^this

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.