• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Woods Not Catching Nicklaus' Major Record

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I think this year is Tiger's do or die year. If he doesn't take a major out of it, Jack's record is safe.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I would tend to agree.

His record may be safe but I'm not writing off Tiger yet.
I think it will be Tiger 'stripped bare'. Much less fanfare till he starts winning. The limelight will be on McIlroy and Speith, and to a slightly lesser extent, Stenson and Scott.

The critics will be writing Tiger off. Comments such as a "shadow of his former self" will be common. So Tiger will be grinding away without the fanfare and hopefully (for him) he plays himself into some devastating form.

I suppose the risk then will be that inevitably the media will latch on to him as if they never doubted him. Cue the uber-hype; which may be a 'major-distraction' from his 'major-hunt'.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think it will be Tiger 'stripped bare'. Much less fanfare till he starts winning. The limelight will be on McIlroy and Speith, and to a slightly lesser extent, Stenson and Scott.

The critics will be writing Tiger off. Comments such as a "shadow of his former self" will be common. So Tiger will be grinding away without the fanfare and hopefully (for him) he plays himself into some devastating form.

I suppose the risk then will be that inevitably the media will latch on to him as if they never doubted him. Cue the uber-hype; which may be a 'major-distraction' from his 'major-hunt'.
If anybody can handle distractions, it's tiger.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Funny how a guy can drop to basically half of his former performance, and still basically keep up with the best in the world.

Pretty much just shows how good he really was. It's like driving 90 on the interstate and then going 60 on a rural highway. 60 feels like you're crawling...but in actuality you're still going pretty fast.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Funny how a guy can drop to basically half of his former performance, and still basically keep up with the best in the world.

Pretty much just shows how good he really was. It's like driving 90 on the interstate and then going 60 on a rural highway. 60 feels like you're crawling...but in actuality you're still going pretty fast.
His last 5 yrs alone have been a good career for a lot of guys.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
^^^this. He balanced wife, kids, travel, 15 mistresses and still won. He'll be fine!

.... and he was forced to move this on in a garage sale. Although I expect the purchase price would've been fairly high ...

elin-nordegren_179898-1600x1200.jpg

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.