• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Work in Progress

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK guys, while you were busy stuffing your faces with Turkey I was working hard on my game. My driving has been terrible over the past few years. What used to be a strength has quickly become my nemesis. I had to make a few changes. Here is my most recent effort at a very cold range last night. Quality not great.

Already I can see a few things still to focus on, namely widening my stance and restricting my head movement. But the positives are:
  • Ball position under my left shoulder.
  • Shoulders tilted up and square to enable me to hit up on the ball.
  • Going back into my right heel
  • Coming into my left heel and keeping left shoulder behind ball at impact
It was a very cold but calm night, I was absolutely killing my new Jetspeed driver. Beautiful trajectory, straight, carry about 220-230 yards with about 20 yards run out. I feel my SS is about 93-95mph but hopefully with some newly built confidence I can up that by a few mph. That's as good a range session with my driver as I have had in a long, long time.

I'm excited about these developments and can't wait to play tomorrow.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm still hitting it good, but trying a little more shoulder turn and a wider stance.

Anyone pick up on anything. Any improvements?

🔥 Latest posts