• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World #1 slot up for grabs in the Dessert

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Westwood and Kaymer will be "dukeing it out" for the #1 slot in Qatar, the venue for the 2022 World Cup! Aware that this will start a war, but funny that it is two Europeans playing in the Middle East for the top accolade in golf!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Kaymer gonna put the smack down on Lee.

I predict Lee falling from the top 10 before the end of the year.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
It sort of all depends on how they do doesn't it? You seem to assume that they will both finish high. If they both finish low, then who knows?

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Westwood comfortably missing cut with 4 holes to play? Not happy with his game / ball striking. And Kaymer struggling as well. He shot a 77 yesterday (albeit in horrendous conditions). Hmmm, it gets very interesting.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Westwood was never a legit #1 to begin with. Now he let it go to his head. I'd be willing to bet he will be ranked lower than Tiger (whatever that ranking ends up being) real soon.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Westwood was never a legit #1 to begin with. Now he let it go to his head. I'd be willing to bet he will be ranked lower than Tiger (whatever that ranking ends up being) real soon.

You've been noticeably quiet about world No. 2 Martin Kaymer & world No. 4 GMac. Any criticisms of them as well?

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I like both of them but I don't think GMac has the game to reach the top spot.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I like both of them but I don't think GMac has the game to reach the top spot.

Agreed, he caught lightning in a bottle at the US Open but I doubt we will hear much more from him other than maybe some Ryder CUp stuff.

Kaymer on the other hand has a great looking swing...there is potential there!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Agreed, he caught lightning in a bottle at the US Open but I doubt we will hear much more from him other than maybe some Ryder CUp stuff.

Puh-lease!! You heard a lot from GMac each week in the back half of last year. The year has only just started FFS.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
How about Dustin Johnson? I know he is a little bit far away, but he showed he had the game last year, he just lost on absolutely mental issues. He could have had two Mayors hanging on his wall already. Maybe with last year's experience we might have a little surprise on him, don't you think?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.