• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World #1 wins Money List on both sides of the Pond

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So he hasn't won a Major and I appreciate a lot of people on here still don't believe he deserves his top spot, but it's hard to argue with this level fo consistency. To shoot a 64 in the last round of the last event knowing he needed it to win? Pretty damn impressive!

Luke Donald - take a bow!

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
major doesn't matter when things in perspective, 6 birdies in a row to secure the victory and make Webb Simpson about pee in his pants, winning both money titles (likely) Europe title not sealed yet I don't think, though he's 1 million ahead, 14 top 10 finishes on PGA, world number 1 ranking. how you gonna call it? I am all for a US guy, but the fact is, he didn't get it done, Luke did, and that was after playing through a bit of a rough start even. That takes staying power, and being able to close the deal.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Hey! Come on! What about Tige.... ok, never mind...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
So he hasn't won a Major and I appreciate a lot of people on here still don't believe he deserves his top spot, but it's hard to argue with this level fo consistency. To shoot a 64 in the last round of the last event knowing he needed it to win? Pretty damn impressive!

Luke Donald - take a bow!

I agree. Also, I don't think not having won a major is as relevant any more. There's no question that Luke Donald deserves the No. 1 position. Compare him to Phil Mickelson (yes, I like Lefty) who only seems interested in majors these day. When that strategy doesn't work, the player is left with nothing.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Luke Donald is the world #1??? Really??? I need to pay more attention I guess. Did someone say Donald made Webb Simpson (who is he) piss his pants? That's definitely more impressive than a major win!

That should stir things up a bit. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.