• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Cup in China - who will win?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Some excellent pairings to consider:

England - Poulter & Rose
Ireland - McDowell & McIlroy
Italy - The Molinari Bros.
USA - Kuchar & Woodland
Sweden - Karlson & Noren
Spain - Jiminez & Quiros
Germany - Kaymer & Cejka

My favorites:

South Africa - Oosthuizen / Schwartzel

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
As always my heart says Ireland, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the South Africans will be there at the end. A betting man would get better odds on them. Both are playing well, are good mates and seem to gel. I think Schwartzel is one of the gritties players anywhere on the planet right now. I think McDowell is struggling a little. Who knows, Rory might spark him off. Also lots of other strong pairings. Not sure about the US offering. Seems a little second division. Thought that Striker, Michelson etc might have showed more interest. Must be poor $ appearance fees. Oh and before I get my head kicked in by my US buddies the same applies to Donald and Westwood, England's #1 and #2 in the World. Where are they?

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I like Sweden and France (Bourdy & Jacquelin) betting wise. 12/1 for the nordic pair and 33/1 for our garlic loving chums across the waves. I have a lot of time for Noren, seems like a good guy and has a "reasonable" swing and the French guys are both capable of going low in these formats.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Go USA! Who are Striker, Michelson etc anyway? Woodland and Kuchar landed the big one. Ireland wilted, and England almost came from nowhere. An exciting World Cup. Hopefully this is a format that will last. Big risk in it being dropped.

🔥 Latest posts