• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Cup - Mission Hills, China

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
In the good old days, USA used to enter their strongest team in what was known as the Canada Cup. This year Ben Curtis and Brandt Snedeker look like they have drawn the short straw.

Looking down the list of runners this year the stronger teams look like Germany, Sweden, South Africa and Spain.

Wonder who is going to win, but then again I wonder who cares these days?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
In the good old days, USA used to enter their strongest team in what was known as the Canada Cup. This year Ben Curtis and Brandt Snedeker look like they have drawn the short straw.

Looking down the list of runners this year the stronger teams look like Germany, Sweden, South Africa and Spain.

Golf is golf IG, I'll sit thru 10 hours of it at the weekend !! .. ooops I wont .. I'm offta Top Gear in the RDS now that I think of it !! .. would ya record it for me :D

scottevans77

Sep 10, 2008

When I saw the list of entrants on TGC this morning, I thought the same thing. I really think Sweden is going to be strong.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
They should change it's name to the second and third stringers cup. I think this was the last year for it anyway so at least golf won't suffer the embarassment of having a 'World Cup' that doesn't attract one player from inside the top 20.

I note Phil played a Skins event over the weekend so the pro's obviously don't think much of it.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Aggggghhh

Was close to putting money on Sweden to win. I'm sure the odds weren't great but seemed so obvious.

🔥 Latest posts