• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Golf Tour

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Something I always thought would be interesting would be if they had one tour which played at all the best golf courses all over the world. The level of golf would be at an all time high and the top players would be forced to play all types of golf. I would also like the golf courses set up fairly difficult, not at the major level but one step short. Who do you feel would end up being the top players by the end of the year.

Tiger Woods
Jim Furyk
Phil Mickelson
Padraig Harrington
Justin Rose
Vijay Singh
Geoff Ogilvy
Ernie Els
Mike Weir
Lee Westwood

I feel those players would constantly play the tough courses well.

OP
J

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
It would be interesting to have a 5 majors, Masters, US Open, British Open, Asian Open and Australian Open. 35 tourneys. 10 in the USA/Canada, 10 in Europe, 10 in both Asia/Australia and the 5 majors.

NA:
Pebble Beach
Riviera
The Country Club
Whistling Straits (Straits)
Kiawah Island (Ocean)
TPC at Sawgrass
Inverness Club
Spyglass Hill
Oakmont
St. George's (Canada)

Europe:
Muirfield
Turnberry
Carnoustie
Royal Birkdale
Valderrama

Australia:
Kingston Heath
Royal Melbourne (West)
Cape Kidnappers

I will continue to add to my list

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
That would be a great idea, but wouldnt workout becuz of soooo much $ from travelling.

I would love to see all the major countries having Open tourneys that attract all the best players.

***side note, all the best in history have won the Aussy Open, TIGER HASNT!

OP
J

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
That would be a great idea, but wouldnt workout becuz of soooo much $ from travelling.

I would love to see all the major countries having Open tourneys that attract all the best players.

***side note, all the best in history have won the Aussy Open, TIGER HASNT!
Greg Norman actually suggested something similar to this back 10/15 years ago and the PGA basicly black-balled him. Travel wouldn't be overly difficult, play Asian/Australian section first, then the north american then the european section. This is the way it should be, in all sports it should be best on best as often as possible. That doesn't mean on boring courses like Torey Pines. Use actual true golf courses. I'm not sure how many players would take part, 120 per event would seem like a good number.

🔥 Latest posts