• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst Courses Played?

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
United States United States
National Road Golf Course outside West Jefferson, Ohio.
Big field with a few trees, no sand, little water, no personality whatsoever.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Lol 2007? Wow,

Anyway, windy acres outside Monroe wi is horrible. Some really cool hole layouts, but its just horribly maintained.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
well, since this thread has been saved from archives, worse course i've ever played was Alexandria - green must be cement and painted green! played a PW in, bounced off like a golf ball landed in the middle of the street!:eek:

played short from then on, only took 3 holes to figure playing short was the only way to reach the green from the fairway and not back in the woods trying to recover...:(

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'll play along, too... North LasVegas Muni.

It's probably not even there anymore, but it was a lighted par-3 in the heart of the ghetto. I remember the tee boxes were driving mats that had actual divots in them and the greens were 70% sand, 20% grass-like substance, and 10% human excretions.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Then there's Washington Park Golf Course in Racine where nututhugame plays a lot. Bridge over the river has drug dealers underneath. Bench by the bridge has teen couples screwing. Next tee has group of nasty looking punks throwing the tee blocks and screwing up the tee area. Flagsticks commonly missing (stolen) when you play. A huge tree on the ninth hole (par 3) in the middle of the fairway between the tee and the green.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Worst course played in the past few years... Old Dane, just outside Sioux City, IA. 9-hole course plowed out of what should be turned back into a soybean field. You are either in the fairway or you're in 5 FT tall cat tails and hedge. There is no inbetween. The fairways have just the right mixture of dirt vs. grass that balls will bounce from the fairway into the tall gunch. If you wear Kevlar, you can find a ton of balls in the gunch. No one in their right mind goes looking for balls. If you do, there's a good chance you'll find rattlesnakes, skunks, and a golfer or two who didn't make it back out.
On two holes, the greenskeeper staff sat on 4-wheelers waiting for folks to hit balls into the trash. Then, they'd bail in and collect the balls for their own use. Each 4-wheeler had full buckets of collected balls in the carry baskets behind the seats.

The sandwiches in the pro shop were awesome!!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Cypress Bay in Little River, SC (just north of Myrtle). Place was a dog track, and on every other hole there was a photographer taking pics of your drive and trying to sell them to you. About the 4th guy got told if he took my picture I'd tee up his camera.

There's a short par 4 that plays perpendicular to Hwy 17 that the fairway was so hard it was like they laid astro turf on concrete.

Hated that course.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
New word of the day!

The word has been used quite often for the rough at the British Open. That's the ONLY time I've ever used it... or heard it used... is when referring to ridiculously thick rough.
When you questioned it, I Googled the word. Sheesh! The Urban Dictionary has some explicit definitions that are attached to the word "gunch". Those definitions, if used in today's culture, will put an end to me using that term again.... EVER!!!! Honestly! I had no idea.:oops:

🔥 Latest posts