• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst day ever...i''m trying to forget, maybe this will help...

Jun 24, 2006
Whew..that's a close call. Glad you got him back.

We had a chocolate lab when I was younger, he got into anti-freeze and of course had to be put down. That was when I wassss..8-9. I guess it all leaked out of the bottom of the car and he got into it. This happened a couple days after by parents had the anti-freeze checked and changed in the car. Coincidence?. I think not..

Now we have another Choco. Lab. I think I would take a bullet for this guy..

Notice the electric collar. Works wonders until he finds out the battery is dead and he bolts. I was back in the woods the other day looking for the golf balls I hit back there and I had a surprise visitor. He's damn hard to catch when doesn’t wanna be caught.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
He's a good lookin dog.

This was just such a freak thing, I bet I could take them out there today and it wouldn't even be close to a problem.

Huge storm a comin'...

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yeah.........that would have been great. The dog is in the water fighting to get out, and you zap him with the electric dog collar. Good idea.:(

You zap the dog as soon as they try to run away. They would have been well out of range by the time they got as far as the water. Even if the water was in range, I would never zap a dog I couldn't see. I helped my best friend and his dad train state champion field trial dogs growing up in Wisconsin. The collar was an essential part of a responsible training program.

The whole purpose of the collar is to get the dog's attention when he's off leash, and link it's negative stimuli to another, less intrusive one (like a whistle or your voice).

Not tryin' to preach. I'm just sayin'...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Whew..that's a close call. Glad you got him back.

We had a chocolate lab when I was younger, he got into anti-freeze and of course had to be put down. That was when I wassss..8-9. I guess it all leaked out of the bottom of the car and he got into it. This happened a couple days after by parents had the anti-freeze checked and changed in the car. Coincidence?. I think not..

Now we have another Choco. Lab. I think I would take a bullet for this guy..

Notice the electric collar. Works wonders until he finds out the battery is dead and he bolts. I was back in the woods the other day looking for the golf balls I hit back there and I had a surprise visitor. He's damn hard to catch when doesn’t wanna be caught.

Nice looking beast.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Magnificent dog...his head looks like he is a highly bred lab...

longshot

I hear voices
Apr 3, 2005
He is a nice looking Lab.I have had labs for over 30 years.This is my two girls (if the attatchment works).The choc is a sweetheart had her from 16 weeks old the black is a rescue and completely insane.Bella the black Lab is i think a runt as she is very small.Lucy the choc loves my daughter to bits and gets very upset if my little girl crys lucy always goes over and puts her head in my daughters lap for a cuddle.I have never been without a dog and had three at one time.My other Lab died in my arms at the vets.I still miss her.I am glad everything worked out ok in the end Rock
holiday 051.jpg

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
thats one dog thats strong as hell if it could of got out of that freezing water, that day had to suck but look at the bright side you got stronger legs to hit the ball farther with!

I once watched a hour long show on that truck driving on lake stuff, pretty cool, if i remember correctly its not working out as well as it used to because global warming is making winters shorter and ice thinner, they said its taking a huge toll on those small villages who depend on those trucks for food and such.

Jun 24, 2006
He is a nice looking Lab.I have had labs for over 30 years.This is my two girls (if the attatchment works).The choc is a sweetheart had her from 16 weeks old the black is a rescue and completely insane.Bella the black Lab is i think a runt as she is very small.Lucy the choc loves my daughter to bits and gets very upset if my little girl crys lucy always goes over and puts her head in my daughters lap for a cuddle.I have never been without a dog and had three at one time.My other Lab died in my arms at the vets.I still miss her.I am glad everything worked out ok in the end Rock

Labs have to be the most caring and loving dogs I have even been around. As far as play fighting or even hugging someone when my lab is around, forget about it. He'll bark and bark and bark and come up to you and push you with his nose. I have wanted to get a black for the last couple years but the parents won't go for it.:(

I remenber seeing my father carrying our other lab in his arms past my bedroom when he was taking him to the vet. I also remember coming home that day from school and him not being there:(. Suckeddd asssss. Had to be done though..damn gas station..

nice pouches BTW..Labs for the win.

longshot

I hear voices
Apr 3, 2005
Labs have to be the most caring and loving dogs I have even been around. As far as play fighting or even hugging someone when my lab is around, forget about it. He'll bark and bark and bark and come up to you and push you with his nose. I have wanted to get a black for the last couple years but the parents won't go for it.:(

I remenber seeing my father carrying our other lab in his arms past my bedroom when he was taking him to the vet. I also remember coming home that day from school and him not being there:(. Suckeddd asssss. Had to be done though..damn gas station..

nice pouches BTW..Labs for the win.

There are just great dogs.I love them. Breaks my heart when i lose one.I love all animals i had to kill a rabbit on the course the other day, horrible.I could not see it suffer poor thing.

Jun 24, 2006
There are just great dogs.I love them. Breaks my heart when i lose one.I love all animals i had to kill a rabbit on the course the other day, horrible.I could not see it suffer poor thing.

My mother works at a biodiversity center and she said her Boss killed a duck with his bare hands today (strangled it)because it was eating a bunch of (endangerd) Whitefish from the pomds were they grow the fish. She said the thing had so many little fish in it's belly it coulden't fly. I know the guy but I still felt like punching him in the face.

Everything has to eat. Dont kill nothing that dont need killin.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
since this has turned into a show us your lab thread ;) Here's our beast. He was the runt of the litter 6 years ago. He's 90 lbs now. His name is Kejimikujik (keji for short - we got him just before we left NS hence the name after the National Park where we camped so often)
IMG_1638.jpg

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Posted by Eracer: The whole purpose of the collar is to get the dog's attention when he's off leash, and link it's negative stimuli to another, less intrusive one (like a whistle or your voice).

Not tryin' to preach. I'm just sayin'...
Just giving my brother some s...t, Eracer. Growing up, he wasn't the dog lover that I was and still am. He's gone to (gulp)...........CATS!!!:(

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Yeah.........that would have been great. The dog is in the water fighting to get out, and you zap him with the electric dog collar. Good idea.

sssmokin

Oh yeah, you wait until they get into the water before zapping them. Works better that way. Duh!! You zap them before they get too far away, not when you don't know where they are! :D :D

Just giving my brother some s...t, Eracer. Growing up, he wasn't the dog lover that I was and still am. He's gone to (gulp)...........CATS!!!:(

sssmokin

Not true. I get too attached to dogs. Can't leave them alone etc. Had one I had to have put away because they didn't get along with my kids and that killed me to have to do that so won't have dogs now.

Now cats. You don't get THAT attached. They come around for a back scratch once in awhile if they feel like honoring you with their presence. You don't have to pick up cat shit in the yard, just park a cat box in the basement, fill it with litter and forget it for a week. Wanna leave for a couple weeks? Throw a ton of food and water down and leave. They'll be fine when you get back and won't howl and irritate the neighbors. The perfect pet for someone who really doesn't want one but has kids and wives that do. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.