• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst Day Ever...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Well, on NEW YEARS DAY no less, i had to leave to come back to school. 2pm pacific time this starts and we head off to the airport (Vancouver YVR). Everything goes fine until I get to my gate and notice I have an hour delay... yay. Oh well, wait a little longer w.e, then once I get to my connection in San Francisco, my flight leaves in... oh... the exact time I land. They tell me theres a chance its held up and to get there quick... 2 TERMINALS OVER!! So end up missing the flight by 30 mins as it was a little ahead and it took me 10 mins (running) to find my way there and having to go back through security blah blah...

Alright, flight is missed. She finds me another flight to get me to Cleveland (final destination) that leaves within the half hour. ITS GOING TO NEW YORK! So now i end up with a 2 1/2 hour flight back track.... 7 1/2 hours to New York now... and a two hour layover there.

All went well in New York thankfully, and might I add, there are some damned sexy girls in NY. And I make it out to Cleveland, was suppost to arrive there at 6am, end up there at 1145am. I get down to baggage and my roommate is there waiting for me. He tells me he asked where I was and mentioned my name to the baggage help lady, UNFORTUNATELY she knew EXACTLY who I was...

***IT IS NEVER A GOOD THING WHEN THE BAGGAGE WOMEN KNOWS YOUR NAME!!!!***

Turns out my bags don't get there... So I'm in Cleveland, no anything and have to head off to school... They asked for my phone number, oh wait! my charger for my almost dead phone is IN my bag.. So have to give them my room number which we don't have an answering machine, so I gave them my other roommate's number who I cant yet get ahold of's number...

She said hopefully the bags will arrive tonight (in about an hour or so from now) and they'd try to get them to me early tomorrow... My suitcase, and my GOLF BAG!!!!:(.

Hopefully they get here unharmed. End of my rant... Just had to get it out.

(btw, this was United Airline that has screwed me over with late flights before too, went with Continental to get to NY and then to Cleveland, they were way better and more accomodating BY FAR. will try not to fly united anymore if its a possibility).

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That sucks dude. Makes me think again about just shipping my clubs down instead of on the plane. That is a bad day but you most certainly don't want to hear my "worst day ever".
icon10.gif

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Well... Thats definately not my worst day ever, just a really bad day and having to leave on new years kinda really sucked royal ass....

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Oh that sucks I hope your bags get there. This has been a crappy few days for me to all the driver I was planning on buying Friday got sold then the other drive I was going to buy got sold, and then the 3rd choice got sold, and now I'm going to have to either wait or spend more money on another one :mad: :sad:

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I have no clue if theyre ok yet... they better be *shaking fist*

hey topflight, i have a 907D2 for sale, pm me if ur interested.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
That sucks dude. Makes me think again about just shipping my clubs down instead of on the plane. That is a bad day but you most certainly don't want to hear my "worst day ever".
icon10.gif

ooh ooh , I DO :laugh::hunter: haha .. PM me lol

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Sorry to hear about your travel nightmare! I did the air travel back in November and had 2.5hr delays going and coming (Denver airport sucks!!)

Hey, next time you fly home and come back through SF you should try to get a day lay-over so we can get a round in!

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Ill see if I can chem, cuz ill be headed back home at the end of feb for the next term break I believe.

Well, at this point were not too sure what will be going on then, either moving schools or heading home for the year and regrouping for next year...

But i'll try to stay over in San Fran for a day if I could, i'll let ya know, would you be able to pick me up from the airport?

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I live/work about 40 minutes south of SFO so, if the opportunity presents itself, I'm sure we would be able to work something out.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Kewl, i'll let ya know if I do end up coming back through SF.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Air travel is crazy these days, I had a horrible travel day like that and you know what, I think it was United Airlines also.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yea, i've been flying UA all year so far (3 round trips) and havent had any really good trips overall. Lots of delays, no food on the plane, not even peanuts, and to boot the women they have aren't half as hot as the girls on continental (as far as ive seen).

Im guna try and stay away from UA if possible now, havent had the best experiences with them...

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I live near cleveland. You should have let me know, I'da came to the airport to heckle you for losing all your crap. While my golf bag is safe and sound in Orlando (hopefully)

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
As I was reading that I was wondering if you had flown United.:laugh: I have had more problems with that ariline than you can imagine. They will lie to your face and claim it's bad weather on the other end but it's not - they just don't have enough crew or, most likely in your case, they wanted to combine as many flights as they could to get a full plane.

🔥 Latest posts