• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst Super Bowl Half Time Show Ever

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I love The Who. I really do I have all of their albums, but honestly the only reason these guys are still able to tour is because the people who go to the concert have no hearing left. This was one time where I would have been completely fine with some link sinking. Roger Daultry needed to just stand up there with a fake mike and pretend he could still sing rather than committing murder to several of The Who's best songs. I am truly sad that I am still watching this...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I bet there were about 75 people watching. Just like every other SB halftime show...

R35

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
lol, i actually liked it. i guess im getting old, hehe. i loved the drummers clear drumset

awww.drumdoctors.com_uploaded_images_clear_THISONE_757633_780594.jpg

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I bet there were about 75 people watching. Just like every other SB halftime show...

R35

LOL, true! I haven't watched a SB haltime show in...ummmm...ever! Including the famous Janet Jackson show. It's pointless really, SB halftime is for bathroom, let the dog out, get the kids to bed, reload the food and beverages and get ready for the 2nd half.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
That was horrible, I was sitting there with SWMBO unable to believe how bad it was.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Agreed on all counts. The Who is before my time, but I have found a lot of their songs to be excellent. I love Pinball Wizard. But WOW, I had no idea that the ability to sing could leave a person to thoroughly. If you tried to tell me that guy never sang before, and that they picked him at random in the parking lot, I still would've expected better. Atrocious.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Guitars were still decent, at least. But yeah...kinda bad.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007

R35

That's what I was thinking. I didn't even see what happened. I have never seen a SB half time show. I even missed the stupid thing with Timberlake and Jannet Jackson hehehe.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
It was pretty bad, although it makes me wonder who they will drag out for next year...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
lol, i actually liked it. i guess im getting old, hehe. i loved the drummers clear drumset

The drummer was Ringo Starrs kid, I was shocked to discover he's almost 45 years old.

My wife was practically begging me to mute the sound as Daltrey sounded so horrible.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It was pretty bad, although it makes me wonder who they will drag out for next year...

Or why they would bother! If it was me running the show, I would have Mike & Mike from ESPN do a halftime show, chatting it up and some analysis. That won't happen though becasue both Fox and CBS have their own talking heads. I just don't need to see another poor halftime show.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Next year, they could have a dog show. Or classic cars. Or a measurement of Jay Leno's chin.

It doesn't matter. The halftime show is BS, always has been and always will be.

The WHO? Why not someone American?

Like I said, cuz no one gives a shit.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
lol...The Who are before my time, i still like them as a band...

Never watched a second of the game....too busy trying to get my pool table over to my house, also started up and played one of my fathers pinball tables that hasn't been played in probably 16 years when it burnt some wires up and he never got around to replacing them. I'm so confused by all that solid state stuff in them....i really wish he would have taught me more about those machines....

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
i was wondering who the drummer was! wow, i had no idea Ringo's kid was even a drummer. funny thing was, he had his kit set-up EXACTLY like Keith Moon used to set his drums up. weird. cuz the way you set your drums up is something thats pretty personal. he did a decent job though

The drummer was Ringo Starrs kid, I was shocked to discover he's almost 45 years old.

My wife was practically begging me to mute the sound as Daltrey sounded so horrible.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Even though the Who are from my "era", I was never a fan of them. Too many other great bands at that time. During the halftime show, I was waiting for their false teeth to come flying out. They were sad. Much worse than just bad. They should have just stayed in the HOME.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online