• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst thing you have seen on the course?

OP
PMay

PMay

Jul 7, 2009
Bloomington Indiana
Country
United States United States
I have to ask did this guy put anything under him while he liberated himself and took a dump or did he just let it lay?

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
While playing with an ultra-competative co-worker. He wanted to bet. I gave him the wooping of his life. I won outright 12 holes to his 2 going into the 17th hole. I was in for par and he had a 4-footer for an 8. He missed and in his anger that had been building for at least 5 holes.....he tried to hit his ball off of the green with a frustrated full swing hack. He chunked it badly and left a gaping gash in the green just a foot from the cup. He did this in full view of the condos that surround the 17th green. I was so embarrassed even being with this guy even though I wasn't the one who had acted like a 2 year old. Not much was said the rest of the day and needless to say I won't be playing with that sore loser any time soon.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Actually the golfer part of the story was made up. The guy in the pictures was snorkleing in a lake in South Carolina when he was attacked.
snopes.com: Alligator Attack on Golfer

Really too bad they didn't re-attach the arm...

That would be a helluva story at the coffee house.

"This arm right here, has been in an alligators stomach, more than 50 yards away from the rest of me" :wow:

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I was home from college and my Dad and I were standing on the first green watching a couple of buddies of mine come down the 1st fairway in a cart. The driver swung one way at full speed to get close to the passengers ball but after a split second, cranked the wheel the other way. The passenger flew out and rolled down the hill. To top it off, about half way down his pants and boxes went down to his ankles. My dad and I just erupted in laughter.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I have to ask did this guy put anything under him while he liberated himself and took a dump or did he just let it lay?

Unfortunately despite our ribbing he let it lay

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Worst thing I've seen on the golf course has nothing to do with golf. I know geese can be bothersome on the course and disrupt a great round, but some people take their hatred of these innocent animals a little too far. One year while changing the holes for a morning tournament I found a goosling impailed on a flag stick. The poor bird couldn't have been any more than a few hours old and was the most disgusting mess I've ever had to clean up.

I've removed many dead animals from courses, but that one was the worst!!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Worst thing I've seen on the golf course has nothing to do with golf. I know geese can be bothersome on the course and disrupt a great round, but some people take their hatred of these innocent animals a little too far. One year while changing the holes for a morning tournament I found a goosling impailed on a flag stick. The poor bird couldn't have been any more than a few hours old and was the most disgusting mess I've ever had to clean up.

I've removed many dead animals from courses, but that one was the worst!!

How is that even possible? The sticks have the big metal part which goes into the cup & typically some form of cap on top to keep the flag on.

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I've not seen many bad things on the course.

My worst experience was being drilled on the back of my arm, just above the elbow, from a line drive hit no more than 50 feet behind me. Moron didn't even wait on me to get out of the way, after he's on shot 23 for the hole, and his "piss-around, free golf" attitude left me with a 3 week bruise, legitimately.

The best thing I've ever done on the course is hit a guy from another school in the side of the head at one of our matches. I just shanked a flop out of the rough, it bounced off his head as he was walking around the green, he stopped, then started walking again, and he never said a word. I wish I could have at least laughed WITH the guy, instead of just AT him.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
How is that even possible? The sticks have the big metal part which goes into the cup & typically some form of cap on top to keep the flag on.

A lot of anger, frustration, hatred of geese, whatever you want to call it. We ended up throwing the whole lot out; flag, flag stick, everything... it was just to much of a mess. Yet another reason why there are always extras at the shop.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online