• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WOW!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So you all probably don't remember back around Christmas time I posted a few threads asking about Taylor Made R5 and R7 TP's. Well I ended up getting an R7 TP 10.5* with Mitsubishi rayon stiff shaft. Around the same time that I placed the winning bid and was having is shipped to me my daughter was born, our first child. Pretty much everything has taken the back seat since. It has been wicked cold here the last 2-3 wks, I mean below 0*. So today when I saw that the temp was around 25* I went out and hit this new TM R7 for the first time. NOw it is a 10.5* and I had to chizel the ice to get my tee in the ground, I slipped a few times on my downswing but man oh man was I hammering the ball. I only hit about 5 balls, the weights were set at neutral (which is probably where they will stay) and I was getting the nicest most penetrating flight I have seen in years. I know the honeymoon isnt quite over yet but I am psyched about this driver, cant wait for the snow to melt!!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yep, that's the TP heads.
icon10.gif
Glad to hear you hit it good. I was hitting my R510 on a frozen rope today.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I coulda told you what you were in for with that thing. I have the exact same club but with 9.5*. T'is a sweet stick indeed.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I cant believe I had never hit a TM club before this though. I thought nothing could match my Mizuno Mp-001 for feel, but this club does it. I am psyched about this club and cant wait for the snow to melt!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.