• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB Aldila NV 65-S .350 tip

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
The shaft in my Cleveland Launcher 460 got busted by the douches at the airport and so I need a new one.

Anyone got something kicking around? I don't even know what's fair for them now as they're pretty old and seem to be going on ebay for anything between $8 - $40 for a new one.

Thanks!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The shaft in my Cleveland Launcher 460 got busted by the douches at the airport and so I need a new one.

Anyone got something kicking around? I don't even know what's fair for them now as they're pretty old and seem to be going on ebay for anything between $8 - $40 for a new one.

Thanks!

I have an Aldila NV 65 stiff flex that was pulled from a Tour Edge Exotics 3w. It's 42 7/16" long and has the Tour Edge logos on it. It's still a real NV though. I'm not sure what length it will play in that head but should be close to 45". It has a Golf Pride Multi compound cord (red/black) grip on it that says exotics. I'd be willing to let it go cheap, like $15 plus shipping if your in the US. I could also include a brass shim since its a .335 tip that needs to go into a .350 hosel. Anyway let me know if you're interested or want pics?

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Hey BJ...thanks for the offer. I'm only slightly concerned that a) it won't be the right length and b) about the shim (as I have little to no understanding about shims and how they affect or don't affect things).

Not being a clubmaker at all, I don't know enough about it...the length isn't a huge concerns as even if it was a tad shorter, that wouldn't hurt me, I'm sure. It's more the shim...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Shims are 100% no problem and widely used in these exact scenarios with zero problems. (That said, there's another issue, I'll get to that in a second.)

I'm sure if you poked around, you could find a stock Launcher shaft. I only say that as the stock shafts in the Launchers have traditionally been terrible. That said, if it works for you, use it.

That shaft of Jim's will be tipped, as it came from a 3W head and won't fit the bill for you, I'm afraid.

R35

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Shims are 100% no problem and widely used in these exact scenarios with zero problems. (That said, there's another issue, I'll get to that in a second.)

I'm sure if you poked around, you could find a stock Launcher shaft. I only say that as the stock shafts in the Launchers have traditionally been terrible. That said, if it works for you, use it.

That shaft of Jim's will be tipped, as it came from a 3W head and won't fit the bill for you, I'm afraid.

R35

Definitely don't want a stock Launcher shaft...my Fuji Gold is still hanging around in a box in the crawlspace somewhere as, you're right, it was terrible. I pulled it and replaced it with the NV (which I may have got from you, if I remember correctly). That's why I want the NV...I was really happy with how it worked with my swing and was always quite reliable.

SUX - NVS is weakass, isn't it? I've read that it's pretty floppy.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
C'mon you stingy bastards. Someone go and pull out one of your garden stakes and give it to him!!!

And I believe the NVS is actually fairly stout (no Evolution or Graff Blue but still firm) and it played a lot better for me than what I believe to the worst shaft in human history!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I've had that NVS in pink and it's a best, I had the 85g version in a FW wood and I still wonder why I got rid of it. Now that I'm thinking about it I might just grab another. Anyway the offer stands for the NV.

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
You guys don't like the NV? I've always found it super solid without being whippy. It just...worked...for me. Picked up a BB Diablo with a DVS in it and I'm not sure I like it. Doesn't seem to want to load. Either that, or my swing has slowed down dramatically (distinct possibiliyt).

🔥 Latest posts