• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB: Callaway Warbird driver

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Does anyone have an old Callaway Warbird driver kicking around? Something like an 8 or 9* loft? Stiff flex shaft preferred, but we can talk.

I used to have one of these bad boys, wouldn't mind getting one for nostalgic reasons. Best damn driver I ever owned.....so why did I get rid of it? LOL.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has anything along these lines and what they're expecting for it.

Cheers guys,

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
My neighbor has or had one of those. He's using a bigger driver than that now but I can ask if he still has it. If he does it won't have a stiff shaft, he uses a 9 wood when I'm hitting 8 iron and I'm not that long.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice. I'm sure it's not an 8 ir 9* either then.

Check into it. Although shipping from Longhornville would probably be 4000 bucks....:D

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Nice. I'm sure it's not an 8 ir 9* either then.

Check into it. Although shipping from Longhornville would probably be 4000 bucks....:D

R35

Especially after I add in my commission. :p

I didn't notice that 8 or 9 loft line. I can almost guarantee it isn't.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
I didn't notice that 8 or 9 loft line. I can almost guarantee it isn't.

Then what the hell good use are you?:D

Have a look, maybe it's a diamond in the rough. I was thinking of re-shafting it with something like an NV just for fun. Maybe it'd replace my GBBII or my forgone conclusion of obtaining a new 460 Ti Launcher in the spring.

Dave, what the hell is wrong with me?

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I don't know, replacing your BBII with a warbird seems like replacing your new Mazda with an old Vega. No wait, Vegas were never any good.

As to what's wrong with you, it might have something to do with the 8 months of winter and 10 feet of snow covering your golf courses.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nah. There's hardly any snow right now.

I chalk it up to pure moronic Ho'ism.

R35

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
Rock, have you checked out callwaypreowned? they have all the cally's still..I've bought all my Cally stuff there..good return/exchange policy too.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Mav,

I have checked them out. They actually have some Buy It Now on e-bay for like 25 bucks. Too bad they use UPS and shipping is so expensive to Canada. I ordered a fairway wood from them that I got on E-bay for something like 65CDN, but when all said and done with UPS shipping, duty and taxes, it was like 140 bucks. Not much of a bargain.

Thanks for the tip tho, I appreciate it!

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
You've got me intrigued about the War Bird, as I continue my quest for a driver that I can hit. How does the War Bird differ from the Steelhead?

What loft and flex should I get? 10 degree regular flex or 9 degree firm flex? One of each?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I may be mistaken, but I think the SH might have been the first driver with VFT face technology. The Warbird was just a stainless version, no VFT, just pure driver head. It's smallish by today's standards, but you can hit the thing a ton. They brought out subsequent drivers afterwards (the Great Big Bertha and the Biggest Big Bertha, both available in Titanium), but neither were as successful in terms of sales and recognizability.

How many times have you been to the course and seen a guy using a Warbird? Around here, it was easily the club of choice and then some.

It's hard to say what you might need in terms of loft. They don't have that high springy face that everyone loves, so I would expect a higher loft to achieve a better launch angle. Me? I loved my 9*.

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
My Hogan CS-3 at 10.5* goes too high; my old King Cobra at 12* has a pretty similar trajectory and distance.

I think the problem is my swing. :)

If I buy a 9* and don't like it, will you buy it? :D

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Does anyone have an old Callaway Warbird driver kicking around? Something like an 8 or 9* loft? Stiff flex shaft preferred, but we can talk.

I used to have one of these bad boys, wouldn't mind getting one for nostalgic reasons. Best damn driver I ever owned.....so why did I get rid of it? LOL.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has anything along these lines and what they're expecting for it.

Cheers guys,

R35

Rock

I have a decent warbird 10 degree stiff. It's got a scuff on the toe (but face is still good). It currently sports a mega chunky Ping Cord Grip (Yellow code) and has a 3 and 5 little brother and sister. My dad moved onto to other tools of the trade!

All now looking for a new owner. I'm in the US in January. You pay for the postage (from CT or CA) and it's yours! How's that for a Christmas present?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Gee, I dunno. That sounds pretty crappy. :D

Sure dude, I'm all over that. Driver, 3 and 5 wood? Cripes, maybe I'll make an Old Skool bag.

CT would be cheaper I'm guessing. The geography doesn't make it so, but shipping in CA to Canada is a nightmare.

PM me for details.

Cheers St. Nick, er, IG!;)

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I'm having a hard time deciding between a Warbird and a Steelhead III. There are several of each on eBay. I really would like to hit some balls with both, darn it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.