• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB: Cheap Cast Iron pans/skillets/dutch ovens

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You going camping, or did the misses kick you out

Neither...I just really enjoy cooking in cast iron. The current production stuff from Lodge is OK and with some work can be made better...but I would prefer some vintage Griswold/Wagner/other quality American made cast iron.

I don't understand why we got away from cast iron in the first place. It's so easy to use and clean

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have a bunch of duplicates in the basement, but shipping would cost as much as buying them new. I might have a griddle iron too.

I know Cabelas has pretty decent pricing on cast. I think they have a set of 10" and 12", with both coming with cast lids, which is awesome.

You could also put out a WTB ad in your local newspaper. All sorts of shit will come out of the woodwork that way, I guarantee it. Everyone and their dog has cast iron sitting there doing nothing.

R35

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have a bunch of duplicates in the basement, but shipping would cost as much as buying them new. I might have a griddle iron too.

I know Cabelas has pretty decent pricing on cast. I think they have a set of 10" and 12", with both coming with cast lids, which is awesome.

You could also put out a WTB ad in your local newspaper. All sorts of shit will come out of the woodwork that way, I guarantee it. Everyone and their dog has cast iron sitting there doing nothing.

R35

Yeah...shipping(especially from Canada) would be a pain for sure.

I have some Lodge stuff which is really the only option for current production, but I don't really want to buy anymore of that. It's pretty rough on the cooking surface and takes quite a bit of work to make them smooth.

I've found a few locally on craigslist, however nobody will take the pictures I want, nor will they give me the information I want. They basically post one picture of the cooking surface and refuse to tell me whats' wrote on them, or give me pictures of the handle/bottom of the pan. Annoying...

Ebay prices are ridiculous...only once in a while does a deal pop up on there.

I'm going to be running around when we do citywide garage sales looking for some good pieces.

🔥 Latest posts