• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB - Complete-ish set of clubs.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
My son is 13 and has outgrown his Ping Moxies. Those go to my 9 year old now. :)

So, I'm looking for a set that he can grow in to. It doesn't need to be a $700 set of TM blades or whatever you hos are always finagling with, just a good starter set to get him up to speed.

OR - if you have a Nike VR Pro Combo set or something nice, I may just get them for myself and give him my 845s. :D I'm not looking to spend more than a couple hundo.

C'mon hos. Let me know whatcha got.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
T,

What are you looking for in a driver? Something like a 10.5*?

I might have some stuff in the basement that could be put together. Let me have a look and get back to you. Pretty sure I have a TEE 3W, a RAZR FIT or a FT Tour driver, likely a putter (Odyssey #9 35" but I can cut it down, or you can maybe), maybe some wedges (no promises there, but I will check.)

I also have my Nakashima NP1 irons. They're spec'd with Nippons in stiff flex, though.

I'll poke around, see what I can find.

T

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
T,

What are you looking for in a driver? Something like a 10.5*?

I might have some stuff in the basement that could be put together. Let me have a look and get back to you. Pretty sure I have a TEE 3W, a RAZR FIT or a FT Tour driver, likely a putter (Odyssey #9 35" but I can cut it down, or you can maybe), maybe some wedges (no promises there, but I will check.)

I also have my Nakashima NP1 irons. They're spec'd with Nippons in stiff flex, though.

I'll poke around, see what I can find.

T
For him, yeah a 10.5* would be best. Maybe @LeftyHoges will sell me his new wedges... :D

Thanks, Rock.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I was about to post a similar thread for my daughter. She has outgrown her starter set.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What I have:

RAZR Fit 8.5* with headcover, great shape
FT Tour 9.5* with headcover, great shape
TEE CB1 13* FW with headcover, great shape
Nakashima Forged NP-1 Tour irons 3-PW with Nippon 1050GH stiff
56/60 Nakashima wedges, with some custom stamping, but great shape
Odyssey #9 Tour Black putter with black shaft, new grip, 35"
I also have a 60* Callaway Forged wedge, raw, some custom stamping, but loads of life left. Spins the hell out of the ball.

The drivers and FW are not shafted, but I do have a brand new Fujikura Fuel 60 in stiff (untipped) and a brand new Project X PXv 52 stiff that I could throw in either head. The irons are shafted as above, and the Nakashima wedges have FST 115 Pro's in them.

I have nothing in regular flex, unfortunately, but that PXv is a lightweight, soft flex shaft that would work.

I can do head only on whatever too.

Let me know if any of this works. If anyone else wants any of this shit, they can let me know too. :D

T

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
My son is 12 and has outgrown his Ping Moxies. Those go to my 9 year old now. :)

So, I'm looking for a set that he can grow in to. It doesn't need to be a $700 set of TM blades or whatever you hos are always finagling with, just a good starter set to get him up to speed.

OR - if you have a Nike VR Pro Combo set or something nice, I may just get them for myself and give him my 845s. :D I'm not looking to spend more than a couple hundo.

C'mon hos. Let me know whatcha got.
Wish you would have posted this a week or so ago, I had those Titleist Black oversize that would have been perfect. @LeftyHoges let Tea and I know if you don't have need for righty wedges and y'all can work something out.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
What I have:

RAZR Fit 8.5* with headcover, great shape

I do have a brand new Fujikura Fuel 60 in stiff (untipped) and a brand new Project X PXv 52 stiff that I could throw in either head.

I have nothing in regular flex, unfortunately, but that PXv is a lightweight, soft flex shaft that would work.

T
These interest me. What's the flex on that PXv, 6.0 stiff? I think the shaft on my driver is too heavy and I might try out the RAZR Fit with that PXv for myself. What would you want for that combo? Maybe my 3-wood and some cash? :D

I'm thinking about either giving him my 3-wood (which is only 13*) and my old Warbird 10* driver, or buying something more fogiving for him and selling/trading my3-wood.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get those Clevelands from Greg, so I'm covered for irons/hybrids. It comes down to a driver/3-W and maybe a putter.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Oh shit, I'm getting excited about my options... I fear I'm turning into a ho. :eek:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You want the RAZR Fit, the PXv and the 3W? Putter too?

Cripes, I dunno, make me an offer. LOL.

I have no wrench for the Fit, I'll let you know this up front. But you can buy them for like $5 almost anywhere now. Hell, you can use a Torx screwdriver and hand tighten it..... I also have several sleeves that I can send along.

The PXv is a stiff flex, yes. Hell, make me a decent offer and I will throw in that Fuel 60 as well.

Anything I make on this sale will go to the local Junior Club at my course, it won't go to beer or beef jerky. :D

T

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You want the RAZR Fit, the PXv and the 3W? Putter too?
Nah, just the RAZR and a shaft. You'd have to build it for me, though. For shits and giggles... what kind of putters do you have? (TEA has a feeling he just opened Pandora's box)

Cripes, I dunno, make me an offer. LOL.

I have no wrench for the Fit, I'll let you know this up front. But you can buy them for like $5 almost anywhere now. Hell, you can use a Torx screwdriver and hand tighten it..... I also have several sleeves that I can send along.

The PXv is a stiff flex, yes. Hell, make me a decent offer and I will throw in that Fuel 60 as well.
I have Torx drivers, so no worries.

Anything I make on this sale will go to the local Junior Club at my course, it won't go to beer or beef jerky. :D

T
Oh shit, nevermind then. :D

I'm a first-time ho... I have no idea what this stuff is worth to you so give me a price. I trust you guys not to screw me over. Well, most of you guys anyhow.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The only putter I have that I am willing to part with is the #9 Odyssey Tour Black. They sell for around 90 bucks used these days. Great putter.

I have a White Hot #2 that I will never part with for sentimental reasons. I have my gamer, a ProType Black #9 (same as the Tour Black in design, but milled from once piece, not two). I am pretty certain I don't have anything else. I sold my Muira, and gave away my last Cameron to Warbirdlover (who promptly made it into a bird house for his brother or something. :D)

I have no issues building the driver up. I have a couple of extra adapters too, I am pretty sure, and the one is the Tour version/dual cog, which is like $50 on it's own.

T

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
The more I think of it, the more I realize I can't give him my clubs because the shafts are stiff. His swing speed is pretty low, even for a 12 year old. I want to get him clubs that he can take into high school after next year.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep, get him into something that will be fit him, not something that fills the gap.

I don't have anything in regular flex or less, sorry. Most of my stuff is borderline X flex/stout.

T

🔥 Latest posts