• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB Driver shaft

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
High launch, higher spinning driver shaft. In .335 or .350.
Something cheap to help me decide if I like the Hibore XL.

Thinking NVS or something comparable. stiff or reg flex if you have a decent length pull I can tip 1-1.5 inches.

PM me if you have anything. A cheap DVS would be perfect!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
High launch, higher spinning driver shaft. In .335 or .350.
Something cheap to help me decide if I like the Hibore XL.

Thinking NVS or something comparable. stiff or reg flex if you have a decent length pull I can tip 1-1.5 inches.

PM me if you have anything. A cheap DVS would be perfect!
I've got an Accuflex Icon v2 you can have for a song. PM me if interested.

I have no idea what the flex it (I think it's stiff - it felt that way when it was in the driver)

.335 / 44 inches as pulled.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've got an Accuflex Icon v2 you can have for a song. PM me if interested.

I have no idea what the flex it (I think it's stiff - it felt that way when it was in the driver)

.335 / 44 inches as pulled.

That's a lower spin shaft, just for the record.

Clug, you want a high launch, high spin? Why? High launch low spin is better for control and distance. Not sure what you're aiming for here...

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005

Clug, you want a high launch, high spin? Why? High launch low spin is better for control and distance. Not sure what you're aiming for here...

R35
That's why I think this shaft would work well in the XL. Mid-Launch, lower-spin. Seems to me that matches up. It's just a bit too stout for this old swing...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The ProLaunch Red like in the XL I sold to Eracer is a good combo, just ask Eracer. It just didn't hold up against the XL Matrix combo I'm playing. If you want a higher launch, try the Prolaunch Blue in a stiff.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's why I think this shaft would work well in the XL. Mid-Launch, lower-spin. Seems to me that matches up. It's just a bit too stout for this old swing...

Agreed. It profiles nearly identical to the Accuflex Creation. :thumbs up:

R35

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006

R35

Well, rumor has it that the Hibore XL is extremely low spin. I do play an 8.5, but I tee it up about three inches and really have to get behind it to get it up in the air. It works well when it works, but when it doesn't, oh boy.

So, I buy a Hibore head, but its an 8.5. I probably should have gotten a 9.5, but Tim gave me a deal on his spare. I'm looking for a combo that I can still launch, and use a lower tee, and not reverse pivot.

I'm not a really high spin player, so I think the couple hundred RPM a shaft can add will do me some good. Besides, I always like to err on the side of too much spin anyways. What do you think? I'm an idiot, ain't I?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Members online

No members online now.