• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB: hacker iron set.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Yep, after last night's range debacle, I am once again in the market for a set of hack sticks.

I want a set of Cobra irons with regular flex graphite shafts. Must have large cavity back & big fat soles. Easy to get up in the air. Easy to hit off of tight lies. Pink shafts would be a plus but are not essential. And they have to be cheap.

Real cheap. Under $150 cheap. If pushed I'll go to $160 for ones with pink shafts.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yep, after last night's range debacle, I am once again in the market for a set of hack sticks.

I want a set of Cobra irons with regular flex graphite shafts. Must have large cavity back & big fat soles. Easy to get up in the air. Easy to hit off of tight lies. Pink shafts would be a plus but are not essential. And they have to be cheap.

Real cheap. Under $150 cheap. If pushed I'll go to $160 for ones with pink shafts.
DAMN! I just sold a set of Cobra Gravity Backs that are exactly what you need; a lot of offset, shovel soles, and a cavity deeper than Monica Lewinsky's hoo-hah. They do have stiff graphites in them, but they're not really stiff, they just say that to make wussies feel more manly. I only got $100 for them. I'd have painted the shafts pink for you. If I'd have known I was leaving that much money on the table...DAMN!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Got a set of Toski Perfect Match heads mounted on Nippon 950's, R flex, GPTV's...shafts, grips, and 7 iron head have only seen 1 round. 2 - SW (52º).

They're at the beach right now, but if you really need them..... ;)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Gotta be Cobras. Unless I decide to reshaft my MX-11s with pink graphite.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I tried. :(

The only pink graphite iron shafts I can find are .370" and I'm too lazy to bore these Mizunos out. I could have made do with the A/L flex, but boring out 8 heads is work!

There are some SK Fiber .355" shafts on Ebay. A set of them in the Mizzy heads would look cool & cost about the same.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I tried. :(

The only pink graphite iron shafts I can find are .370" and I'm too lazy to bore these Mizunos out. I could have made do with the A/L flex, but boring out 8 heads is work!

There are some SK Fiber .355" shafts on Ebay. A set of them in the Mizzy heads would look cool & cost about the same.
Shaft Skinz™ - coloured shafts in minutes.Here's one they're releasing soon.
Camo-pink.jpg

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
OK. Now we're cooking. I just bought a set of brand new SK Fiber Tour graphite taper iron shafts on fleabay. I'm going to reshaft my MX-11s. The Dynalite Golds that are in them are just all over the place, this has got to be an improvement.

And, I'm going to use the TLT lengths. Already got that.

Let's see:
Torch.......check
Gloves......check
vise..........check
epoxy.......check
saw..........check
need swingweight scale
need set of tipweights
need ferrules

I'm off to Golfworks!!!
need new grips

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
beer...gotta have beer...lots of beer...don't forget the beer...

It's Friday, isn't it?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Oh! Thes shafts supposedly come with the spines alredy marked. Is the consensus to put the spine at the 3 o'clock position?

🔥 Latest posts