• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB: hacker iron set.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
?Que? Is this for ferrule turning?

Oh! Thes shafts supposedly come with the spines alredy marked. Is the consensus to put the spine at the 3 o'clock position?

baby wipes are for wiping away the epoxy that oozes out - they work great - but you can also use paper towels with alchohol - wipes are easier on your hands :)
is the spine marked or the NBP? I think generally, the NBP is opposite the spine, and you want the NBP pointed to the target. (I think we're saying the same thing)

oh, the acetone is just handy - good for turning the ferrules but I also used it with some q-tips on the inside of the ferrules to loosen them up a bit so i could push them onto the shafts - they're so damn tight sometimes it isn't even funny. I sanded the inside a bit, then smoothed it out with acetone, then dunked them in hot water for a second, then slide them on with some epoxy to lube them up (baby wipes come in handy for clean-up too)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Thanks, RickinMA. I guess the first thing to do is pull the MX-11 heads off the Dynalites.

Should I build a "test club" before tackling the whole set? Maybe the 6 or 7 iron?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
test club is probably a good idea - might tell you if you need to hard-step or soft-step them to get to desired flex

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
test club is probably a good idea - might tell you if you need to hard-step or soft-step them to get to desired flex

Can't do that with these. They are all taper tip and uncut. So it's butt cut only.

I thought about boring out the hosels, but then I'd want to buy a frequency analyzer in oder to get them just right......the list goes on, and on, and on.....

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Can't do that with these. They are all taper tip and uncut. So it's butt cut only.

I thought about boring out the hosels, but then I'd want to buy a frequency analyzer in oder to get them just right......the list goes on, and on, and on.....
You've no doubt heard of "fractional ownership." Rich people use it to defray the cost of owning yachts, airplanes, etc.

How many times would you and I (and other hobbyists) need to use a frequency analyzer or a loft/lie machine? Once or twice a year? What if a few of us pooled our money, bought them, got a nice shipping case, and shared them?

Just a thought.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
You've no doubt heard of "fractional ownership." Rich people use it to defray the cost of owning yachts, airplanes, etc.

How many times would you and I (and other hobbyists) need to use a frequency analyzer or a loft/lie machine? Once or twice a year? What if a few of us pooled our money, bought them, got a nice shipping case, and shared them?

Just a thought.

I thought "fractional ownership" was what rich people used to defray their cost of ownership of congressmen and senators. :D

🔥 Latest posts