• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB- ping G2 or G5 driver

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
WTB- ping G2 driver

Anyone have one lying around will to sell? RH, 9.5 - 11 loft. Let me know

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Go to golfwrx.com (you'll have to join) and do a search for G5. There's a few over there.

OP
X

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
Thanks mcdavis. I edit the topic cause I meant to only say G2.

OP
X

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
They're both good but I swing the G2 a little better, and it would be cheaper;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
They're pretty much the same club. G2's may be cheaper but I think there will be alot more G5's around since they were more popular and Ping sold more. :)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I am bidding on a 7* G2 with Graf. Blue X flex shaft at mo on UK ebay. Would love to see how it would fly....

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I am bidding on a 7* G2 with Graf. Blue X flex shaft at mo on UK ebay. Would love to see how it would fly....

I know how it would fly for me: about 10 inches off the ground for about 120 yards.

I had a 9* G2 with a stiff NV for a while and really liked it for about a month. Then for some reason I couldn't hit it anymore.

WBL was a bad influence.

That G2 at Golfsmith is now a LEFT hand only.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Sib, it'd be 2 inches and 60 yards for me...on a dry day!! ;)

7º with Graf blue X flex...why would I punish myself like that??

OP
X

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
Question for all, does the G2 launch higher than the loft says or lower? Cause I found one new for $135 but only in the 8.5 loft. But I usually play with 10.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Question for all, does the G2 launch higher than the loft says or lower? Cause I found one new for $135 but only in the 8.5 loft. But I usually play with 10.
This probably depends more on the shaft setup. When I demoed, I really didn't notice much difference from others with the same shaft. What kind of shaft does it have on it? I got a 10* G2 with the Aldila NV65, and it plays similar to the 8.5* with a Prolaunch Blue shaft, and much lower than my old TM Firesole 9.5* with a higher launching shaft.

Personally, if you usually play a 10*, I would likely stay away from an 8.5*. The money you save will likely come at the expense of distance. Even with a higher launching shaft, you will likely get a lower trajectory than most 10* drivers. If your current 10* driver has a high launch shaft, and the 8.5 has a low launch, it could be a difference of say 8* and 11*. Get on a launch monitor with your current driver and a G2 with the same shaft and check the launch angle.

edit 1 - here is a site Lyle put on here in the past, may give you a useful comparison if you get the info from the Launch monitor.
http://www.sonicboomgolf.com/distanceoptimizationdashboard.swf

OP
X

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
Thank you jayhawk. The G2 has the standard graphite tfc 100d shaft.

Members online

No members online now.