• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB: Set of Irons

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
I'm looking to buy a set of irons. I have been searching ebay for a set of golfsmith irons, P2, G40, tour cavity forged, ect. I have also heard good things about wishons or snake eyes irons too. Anybody have anything?

My budget is probably under $150.

Case

Apr 10, 2009
under 150? your not going to get far there...try walter hagen juniors. great for a snails pace swing and a person slowly decreasing in height

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
under 150? your not going to get far there...try walter hagen juniors. great for a snails pace swing and a person slowly decreasing in height

Nonsense.

1. I am 19 years old I'd rather not play junior irons.

2. I watched many sets of golfsmith irons go on ebay for under 150 bucks.

Sure I can't get big name brand irons for this price, but you can easily get custom heads for this price.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
You looking for heads only or complete clubs?

Eh, well I have no equipment or experience to put them together myself, but I might be able to get them put together at the club I work at, so yeah if I can get a good deal on just heads I'll take them too.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Here is what I can offer you. I have a set of Precept Tour Premium irons in the shop. This is a great set of forged irons, and is what Younggun on this site plays well. They have Nippon 1030gh stiff shafts in the 4-W, and a Nippon 950gh in the 3 iron. They are simulated MOI matched, on 3/8 inch steps. They have no grips. TYD, $140. I'm not sure what it would be with grips, but you can find something used, or use a Karma or Sharpro and get close to your budget.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Here is what I can offer you. I have a set of Precept Tour Premium irons in the shop. This is a great set of forged irons, and is what Younggun on this site plays well. They have Nippon 1030gh stiff shafts in the 4-W, and a Nippon 950gh in the 3 iron. They are simulated MOI matched, on 3/8 inch steps. They have no grips. TYD, $140. I'm not sure what it would be with grips, but you can find something used, or use a Karma or Sharpro and get close to your budget.

As far as grips go, Lamkin Crossline Tours are about $3.00 at golfworks and they are super.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Which model are they? On golfreview I see a cavity back and a forged and an EC603

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Those precepts are great irons.

I would also mention. That I have two sets of irons for sale in my 'For Sale' Thread, both around $100 I believe.

Maxfli Revolutions

aaceprogolfshop.com_images_Maxfli_Rev_20irons.jpg

and Adams Tight Lies Tour

avalueguide.pga.com_images_Adams_Irons_tl_gt_tour_large.jpg

PM me with any questions.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
I can probably get grips at the club I work at. We have a room with hundreds of them in boxes...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I will have a set of irons available in a week or so:

either the Mizuno MX-11s with Dynalite Gold R300s, spined, 3-PW, with new Lamkin Crossline Tours grips, OR a set of PING i10s, ZZ65 shafts, 5-PW, depending on which, if any, I hit better.

The Mizzys will be considerably cheaper than the Pings.

Those Maxflis are sweet.

jreed

Oct 27, 2006
You should easily find something good for $150 or under; especially if you buy used. I bought a set of Bridgestone GC Mids for $119 on ebay.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
I've got a set of Titleist 735's with project x 5.5 shafts ready to go for 150 shipped. pm if you want them.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Those Maxflis are sweet.

I've had my hands on those Maxfli's that YG has for sale and they are really nice irons, especially at that price.

I also have a set of Golfsmith P2's but I'm not letting them go. They're my 2nd favorite set of irons and they may find their way back into my bag at some point in time.

You'll probably have to be patient if you want component clubs as most people that get them keep them for a while and there just aren't as many sets of them out there floating around.

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I have got a set of Titleist DCI 822 OS (similar to TM Rac OS), 3-PW, Nippon NS Pro 950 stiff shafts + 1/2" length, Lampkin Midsize grips. I'm selling them for $125 shipped. Let me know if you need some pics.

Here is the golfreview write up for them.
Titleist DCI 822OS Reviews

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online