• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTB Wilson 8813 putter

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
I admit it. I have tried the new technology putters and I just putt better with what I learned with. If anyone has one of the originals I need a backup. Mine is bound to fall apart sooner or later.
uploadfromtaptalk1390853712833.jpg

OP
G

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
Refinishing an 8813 just don't work. Dozens of failed remakes have proved that. They just don't have the same feel.

OP
G

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
Thanks but the global golf is a remake. The real ones have the S and the O joined in cursive. Reverse stamp like the one I pictured or those with 345 or 355 are original. The reality test is the putter face is the exact size of the diameter of a nickle.

There are a couple of the real deal ob ebay but they want what they were worth in the 80's.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Refinishing an 8813 just don't work. Dozens of failed remakes have proved that. They just don't have the same feel.

Refinishing isn't a remake...it's taking the original and making it look new again.

Having a backup for loss I can understand, but what's going to 'fall apart' on a putter? It's three parts, two of which can be easily replaced, and the head is metal. There's really nothing to 'fall apart'. It will likely outlive you and your children.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Thanks but the global golf is a remake. The real ones have the S and the O joined in cursive. Reverse stamp like the one I pictured or those with 345 or 355 are original. The reality test is the putter face is the exact size of the diameter of a nickle.

There are a couple of the real deal ob ebay but they want what they were worth in the 80's.
You can't go by the photo in the Global Golf ad. It is just a stock photo. Contact them and they will see if it's a legit putter. Ask for a photo of the actual putter.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Refinishing isn't a remake...it's taking the original and making it look new again.

Having a backup for loss I can understand, but what's going to 'fall apart' on a putter? It's three parts, two of which can be easily replaced, and the head is metal. There's really nothing to 'fall apart'. It will likely outlive you and your children.
refer to the club throwing thread. :D

OP
G

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
The head fell off in 92. Lots of shaft rust inside. Just want a backup in case it comes loose in the middle of a round. I found a backup last year and was putting lights out. It was stolen after the round.

OP
G

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
No just keep on in my locker. You are allowed to replace a club that was altered in the course of play.

OP
G

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
I should have a new locker by spring. Our club house was destroyed last Valentines Day; gas explosion.

🔥 Latest posts