• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wyandotte Golf Course

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Wyandotte is without a doubt my favorite course. It's only nine holes and is in rough shape, but it has character. You know, the difference between a truck stop diner and an IHOP. It's located in the sticks south of Houghton, MI. The last week of June every year, we rent a cabin at Krupp's Resort in Twin Lakes. Wyandotte is a half mile down the road. I always take a friend with me. In one week, we played a little over 252 holes, or 36 a day. And we didn't get bored. I've seen a heard of deer blocking a hole for 10 minutes, and a massive flock of turkeys walking across the entire course. Not to mention a few bears. Best week of the entire summer. Pics will be in next post.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
The first pic is off the first tee. Its a 500 something par 5, dogleg right, with water in front of the green. Your tee shot has to be high to carry the three trees in the middle of the fairway. 275 and high will get you around the corner with a possible shot for the green in two.

The second hole is a slight dogleg left, with a big tree on the right side of the fairway. I usually go with 4 iron the get me next to the tree and the only flat part of this hole. The green is on top of a 60 foot hill. You literally can't see the flag from the tee, even though the green should be in clear view. Nasty hole.
Only have pic of the sign for this hole.
Wyandotte First Hole.jpg
First Hole.jpg
Second Teebox Sign.jpg

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Nice sign! Local high school woodshop make em? And who the heck puts trees in the middle of a fairway?

Any pics of the bears?

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
The third hole is a short par 3 down the other side of the huge hill from the second hole. It's about 145 yards but I usually take a 54* because of the elevation change. That's the fourth teebox behind the fence.

The fourth hole is a straight par 4. Your drive should land on the backside on a hill and kick another 20 yards. Elevated green. The elevation change is pretty severe on this hole as well. There is actually tiles on the tee box and a mirror behind. If you stand on the tiles and look in the mirror, you can see down the hill to see if it's clear for you to hit.

The fifth hole is the exact opposite. It runs parallel, back up the hill. Same exact yardage. The green is tiny and severely undulated though. 4 putt green, easy.

The sixth whole is very difficult. 207 yard par three, back up the giant hill. You can't see the green at all, and if you are lucky, will see the top half of the flag. I've got to pure a 3 iron to get up there because of the hill.

I can't find pics of the rest of the holes or the bears.

The seventh hole is back on top of the hill. 90* dogleg right with trees in front of the tee and woods to the right. If you hit 5 iron super high off the tee, you will be in the fairway with a wedge in. I have driven the green once with a super high cut 3 wood over the woods. It's my favorite hole.

The eighth is a dogleg right par 4. There's a pond in front of the tee, and in front of and to the right of the green. There is a very narrow landing area off the tee. I usually hit 4 or 5 iron, leaving a PW in. There is a huge dip in front of the green as well. I have driven this one as well with a high bomb.

The ninth is another par 3, 210 yards. Elevated tee to an elevated green protected by mounds, bunkers and ponds. Horrible hole.

The biting flies here are absolutely horrible. They take chunks out.

The temperature can swing wildly. Last year, for the first 3 days, we played in shorts and undershirts, it was so hot and humid. The rest of the week was jeans and sweatshirts. It literally went from 90s to high 40s overnight.
Third Hole.jpg
Fourth Teebox Sign.jpg
Sixth Teebox Sign.jpg
Sixth Hole.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.