• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

X-MAS MEAL....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What's for Christmas Eve and Christmas day? Since I've got alot of Norwegian, Danish and Swedish blood in me I was raised on some ethnic foods that you just don't find alot of people know.

Tonight it's my superb, homemade OYSTER STEW!!! Yummy! Enough tobasco to give it a little kick. It's so rich you can feel the blood clogging up in your veins!!!

Christmas day it will be the traditional turkey with dressing and all the stuff that goes with it.

sssmokin will be making Norwegian "POLSA"!! I can't find the pics of him making it but it's a potatoe, meat "sausage" type of food. Cinnamon in it. Really different....

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Tonight is nothign special, just myself & the wife hanging out snacking on this & that. Tomorrow our oldest daughter & grandson will be here & my wife is making stuffed shells.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Lasagna on Xmas eve (and plenty o beer)

Our good friends and their kids just left. We're going to their place tomorrow for turkey and trimmings.

We alternate every year this cycle.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Had College son and daugther home with rest of family. Beef Wellington Saturday. and Steaks with crusted blue cheese and red wine sauce. I just kept making yummy sounds!!!!!

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Family from around state all meeting at Mom's for ham dinner. Mmmm, ham !!!

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
warbirdlover posted: sssmokin will be making Norwegian "POLSA"!! I can't find the pics of him making it but it's a potatoe, meat "sausage" type of food. Cinnamon in it. Really different....
Didn't get it done in time for Christmas this year..........it's quite a project. We used to have the whole family helping out when we were kids (Good God..........how long ago was that?) Anyway, it starts by peeling and finely grating 15 lbs of potatoes, cubing up 3 lbs of side pork, add 3 sifters of flour, 4 TBS of salt, 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1+ TBS of cinnamon, and mix it up well. Like a thick soup. Pour into pre-made cotton bags that have been soaked in water. Tie off the top and cook in a deep pot for a good hour. It makes a potatoe sausage type thing. After you've let the bags cool off, you cut them off. It can then be wrapped in foil and frozen or whatever. When it's ready to be eaten, it's sliced about 1/2" thick and fried in hot grease until brown and crispy...........put on paper towel from pan to get some of the grease off, then put lots of butter and salt on. Really different, but to a Norwegian raised on this kind of thing, it's heaven. Here's some pics 1. Crazed postal worker cutting up side pork. 2. Grated potatoes ready for other ingredients. 3. Bags cooking on stove. 4. Bags cooling. 5. Polsa frying. 6. Ready to eat.
polsa A.jpg
polsa AB.jpg
polsa B.jpg
polsa C.jpg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The wife and I did Fondue Date Night for xmas eve (I had to work). For xmas day dinner, just turkey sandwiches (we both work). We will celebrate the holiday with a meal at Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian on Friday night. :)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
My Christmas dinner is soon to be served.

Melon and parma ham for starters, although I think I'll pass on this as have just had breakfast. Turkey, ham, roast potatoes, gravy, carrots, cocktail sausages, mash. Banoffee Pie for afters. Few beers. Selection box and other chocolate after that..:)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
The Wife made her tamales for last night.........yum, yum. Today (Christmas Day) we go to her Brother's for big family meal of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and on and on and on. Then I go to work tonight. Hopefully making POLSA for next weekend. :(

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
smokinn,

Looks interesting. My wife Monica is Norwegian too but I've never heard her mention POLSA. We go through the Lutefisk, Lefsa, Malsa, Vettling, thing but I will show her the POLSA. Something not "white" would be entertaining.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Looking at the food makes me want to take a nap. Good eats, I'd love to try.

Merry Christmas guys.

Jun 24, 2006
Turkey and all that good stuff at my grandmothers with all the family.

I don't know if I will be attending as I feel like absolute crap today.:(

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
local chinese buffet because we are going on vacation tomorrow and parents don't feel like cooking.

mmm made to order sushi...mmm

-Jaden

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.