• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yahoo Handicap Tracker Group

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Well, my handicap service was getting ready to bill me for another year of service and I decided to drop it since I never actually needed an "official" USGA handicap. Why pay for an official handicap if I am never going to need it? After a search of the forum to find a good, and more importantly free, handicap tracking service; I decided to go ahead an use the Yahoo Handicap Tracker service. While it is not as robust as the pay for use service, I decided it was perfect for what I needed it for.

When setting up my tracker, I noticed that it was possible to create a private group and thought it would be a great way for shottalkers, who do not keep an official USGA handicap, to track a handicap. I passed the idea past Sling, and he gave me his approval to set up a Shottalk.com group within the Yahoo tracker. The only thing you need to sign up for the tracker is a Yahoo ID (also free :D).

The group is open to everyone. You just need to go the <link>Yahoo Handicap Tracker<link> and create or open an existing tracker account and click the "join private group" link. When you get there, enter:

Group ID#: 30015
Password: ho2ho

Part of the inspiration for the group was the "whats your handicap thread" as well as other threads from the past I found when I conducted my search. The group provides a good collection area for all the non-official handicaps as well as those with official handicaps if they wish to enter in their information a second time.

Enjoy,
ualtim

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm in.................had to add some numbers to sssmokin tho'.............plain old sssmokin was already taken.

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
im in, I only entered this months scores so far and for the month it says I am at 9.5... thats an improvement. Of course I havent had one of my infamous 90+ blowups yet so who knows where it could go from now.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Great idea, I've been using that site now for close to two years!

I just joined - "Rob H". Now you all can see that 90 I posted after hacking around one of my local tracks...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Great idea tim! I'll join too, already got a yahoo ID, MGP060.

I'll also see if the numbers track the index my stats software calculates for me (it should).

:thumbs up:

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I submitted the link for the links directory under "other golf forums" with the Group ID and Password. If/when a mod approves it, it should show up there so you can locate it if this thread ends up getting buried.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I just joined. I love the password by the way.
I figured that would be the most appropriate password. :D

Easy to remember and has close ties to the home website. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.