• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yap, Yap, Yap, Blah, Blah, Blah

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
Sure is a friendly bunch we have here. I'm not sure who the "asshats" really are.

Adam14

Apr 11, 2009
"I played Big Ten golf. I played with Steve Stricker. He's a couple years younger than me. I played with Jerry Kelly and we were party animals together. He's building a huge new house. I was the WI player of the year in High School. I once finished sixth in the State Amateur. I played against and know Gary Nicklaus well. I met his father Jack who is a very nice man. I played in two national events with Phil. He's a very talented guy. My former teammate is Rich Beem's caddy. Your daughter should do this. Your daughter should do that. Your wife should do this. Your wife should do that. You should do this. You should do that. I once owned a golf store. The only difference between the pros and me is putting. I can hit it as far Corey Pavin, who I know, so I could compete if my putting was better. Blah, blah, blah, blah."

That's what I listened to non-stop on the front nine yesterday from a guy they put in my cart to play with me, my wife, and my daughter. And when I say non-stop, I mean he talked constantly. Kind of a close talker, too. Typically I'm easy going and enjoy meeting someone new at my club, but this ass hat drove me nuts. After his third piece of advice to my 12 year old, I quietly told him we did not need lessons from him while on the golf course as he was making her very nervous. He was also one of these guys that likes to encourage you. "You should be happy with that shot. Good shot. Not bad at all." Had to listen to that crap for the whole nine as I'm playing like sh!t and my back is bothering me.

He did shoot 37, though he hit two drives into the woods on the 8th hole, and then found his "first" drive right on the edge of the trees about 30 yards up from where it entered the woods. That was convenient considering when I asked what we were looking for he said a Taylor Made but he wasn't sure what numbers were on the ball. He made bogey when he was looking at 8 or 9.

The guy drove me crazy and I shot a 45 on the front. I asked him if he wanted to play for a couple bucks straight up on the back hoping that would shut him up. He claimed his index was 4, mine is 6, but he said he could only play the front nine.

He was about 15 yards shorter than me off the tee and had this weird punch shot finish. Good player, but a complete tool. Lots of talk. If we ever end up in the same cart again, I'm asking if he wants to play a $20 nassau. He admitted to basically being a house husband so I'm not sure his wife lets him carry $60. He told me I was lucky that my wife and daughter like the game. He said his kids don't enjoy playing and it was disappointing to him because it's the one thing he could really teach them.

After spending an hour and fifty five minutes with him, I can see how they might sour on playing golf.

Kevin

What a tool...

Reminds me of a guy I played with....I had just accepted an endorsement from Nike right before I was to jump on the Nationwide Tour (damn tennis elbow!!) This assclown kept commenting on how I drive the ball like Phil. I told him time and time again that I was injured and not on playing my best. I only shot 71 that day, because he kept talking about how he stood within spitting distance of Tiger at a practice round one time. Little did he know that the previous week I played with Tiger at his (our) home course. So after the front nine, instead of walking away from the round, I just put in earplugs and played the back blindfolded so i wouldn't have to listen to his constant bragging. The nerve of some people!!

:thumbs up:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Sure is a friendly bunch we have here. I'm not sure who the "asshats" really are.
Well, based on his avatar DaveE is, then there's me, so we've got at least 2 here...:laugh:

What a tool...

Reminds me of a guy I played with....I had just accepted an endorsement from Nike right before I was to jump on the Nationwide Tour (damn tennis elbow!!) This assclown kept commenting on how I drive the ball like Phil. I told him time and time again that I was injured and not on playing my best. I only shot 71 that day, because he kept talking about how he stood within spitting distance of Tiger at a practice round one time. Little did he know that the previous week I played with Tiger at his (our) home course. So after the front nine, instead of walking away from the round, I just put in earplugs and played the back blindfolded so i wouldn't have to listen to his constant bragging. The nerve of some people!!

:thumbs up:
:biglol: Nice!!

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Thursday night Men's scramble.. our D player on the team was this older dude probably 60. I think he drank about 2 beers per hole. Very annoying and nasty dude. You'd be just standing there talking to him and mid sentence he's whip it out and take a leak.

I feel your pain.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Reason #8 for walking over riding....you don't have to listen to ass-hat for 2 hours....you just hit your ball and walk away.

Agreed. Play in a charity event with random groups every July. Six hour cart-ball nightmare, more often than not. I'm faking a "vacation" this year.

cj_rich

Apr 27, 2009
That's why I prefer to walk on golf courses. At least if the guy's a dweeb, then you can try and aim your shot strategically away from where he tends to hit. :)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
That is the rudest thing someone can do.............give advice when it isn't requested. I have a goofy backswing, but with my bad back, it's the only way I can play without coming home in a wheelchair. But every now and then there's always someone with some "advice" to give. I try to be nice about it as long as they can take a hint, but sometimes you just have to tell them to shut up and worry about their own swing.

🔥 Latest posts