• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

YeeeeHAH!!!!!!! Broke 90!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
For the first time ever!!!!! Shot an 88. :D

Played a new, FANTASTIC course: Hickory Knob in McCormick, SC. Will post pictures of this beautiful course tomorrow. LOTS of water as it is on a major lake, Clark Hill/Thurmond Lake. If anyone is coming to Augusta for the Masters and wants to play an inexpensive but challenging and well kept course, I highly recommend it. But, gosh, is it hilly. #2 is a par 5, uphill, 501 yards from the whites, and it is the hole from Hell. Change that, not uphill, up a friggin mountain.

Only made 1 birdie, where I bombed a drive, and stuck a 8 iron 2 feet from the pin. :D

Ping G2 driver is da BOMB!

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Congrats on the milestone!! Awesome round!
awww.websmileys.com_sm_drink_trink39.gif

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
congrats on breaking 90.the next time itll be easier and it wont be long and youll be breakin 80.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Way to go Doc

Give me three more trips to the course and I'll catch you. I still have to break 100 first, shot 101 last ime out.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Congrats Doc!:) Sure beats that string of 106's doesn't it? :D

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Congratulations. I wish I could have written that thread title today, but I couldn't sink any freaking putts!

Good job. I'll write my fuller lament elsewhere.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nicely Done!!

You know that's going to drop your handicap by about 5 points. No more sandbagging for you lol. :) It's a great feeling to finally hold it together enough to break 90 huh. I got mine without a single birdie last year, it's all about consistancy. You'll be nuetering pups with a big 'ol smile tomorrrow eh. :)

catfish

Carfish
Feb 24, 2006
good job man! i look forward to a similar accomplishment this spring or summer. tired of walking up to 16 tee needing only to bogie out to finish with 88 or 89 and then puttin' up a snowman. grats again bro!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That first one is a great moment, for sure. Congrats.

Now if I can just get back to breaking 90 again...sigh. Help me Mr. Hogan, help me!

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Thanks, guys, I appreciate your support. My next round I may be back to 106s, but this one felt good. :)

I just looked at the scorecard map for Hickory Knob: 14/18 holes have water in some form, either as a lateral hazard or as a hit-over hazard. Several holes have blind shots, either blind tee shots, or blind approach shots. The elevation change on #2 is so severe (straight up) that words can not describe it. Great course.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Well its time for me to put my money where my mouth is

As opposed to my size 12, me and my busted finger and bruised shoulder are going out this afternoon to break 100. (Notice the built in excuse with the broken finger and all) We shall see.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Well it was brutal

Shot 103, and it was way worse than my score. Hit 5 fairways on the drive, 1 GIR, and had 41 putts. Absoulutely brutal, so there is no real threat of me catching you anytime soon Doc.
OTOH(here come my other excuses) fresh sanded and areated greens, lots of wind, and I got there expecting time to hit a bucket before starting, but the threesome in front of me was waiting for their thrid so the starter sent me off, first hole was a 9 on par 5, second hole was a 7 on par 4, after that I got a little better. Double bogeyed the next 3 and then finally got a bogey on 6. Back 9 was way better, shot 55 out, and 48 in. Took me until hole #16 to get a par.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Great shooting SDVM....once you can consistently shoot below 90, I think the game becomes much more fun...

Keep your scorecard...I have all my low ones stashed in a drawer...

🔥 Latest posts