• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yes! putters?

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'm in the market for a new putter. I've narrowed it down to two finalists; Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 and Yes! Valerie. I've rolled the WH5 and other Yes! models extensively in several different local shops but I've not been able to roll either out on the course.

The head shape of these is identical so it realy comes down to the faces. I like the WHT insert as it is firmer than the standard WH & WHXG but it is a ton softer than the White Steel. As for the Yes!, I've not been able to try the Valerie but I have rolled several other models and I really like the feel of the C-groove face.

I'm plenty familiar Odyssey putters but don't know much about the Yes! line. Everything I read about Yes! putters is positive but I don't know of anyone first hand that bags one. So, who out there is playing one? Thoughts?

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I have played a Yes! - the Sophia and it does put a good roll on the ball and I liked it.

Tried a friend's Callie and that was sweet too. No doubt they are good but as you know you'll have to try it for yourself. Nice dilemma to have - both are good flatsticks.

jojosasser

May 14, 2007
My brother recently bought a Yes! Callie and I really like how the ball rolls off the face. In fact, I've been looking for a good deal on one to pick up for myself.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
We have 3 YES! Callie's in the family (mine, wife's, son's) and we all like them a lot.

Get one.

And somebody get us a YES! smiley!

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Dang, just more great stuff to read about these putters. I may have to swing by the shop today and order a 33" Valerie.

Nothing really wrong with the Scotty, I'm just looking to move away from the Anser style head; just don't think it fits my eye and swing as well as small/mid-size mallets.

As for the Spider, that one is third on the list but I don't think I want to go with another large size mallet. I have a Doc17 in the garage and, although it is bigger than the Spider, I prefer the smaller mallets.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Clugnut has used a Yes Tracy II for a long time. I actually used that very putter for a stint, and I liked it a lot. Odyssey just doesn't impress me.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I spent about an hour rolling Yes putters one day. The only one that worked for me was the Victoria. The rest felt like any old putter.

I suggest putting around with one if you can.

Then, when you're done, buy the Odyssey. :ugly25:

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada

R35

Or buy a spider. The spider killed the odyssey black. It puts a better roll on the ball, feels better and is more solid. And I really liked the damn black. The spider is just that good.

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I spent about an hour rolling Yes putters one day. The only one that worked for me was the Victoria. The rest felt like any old putter.

I suggest putting around with one if you can.

R35

I've already owned two Odyssey's in the past so buying a White Hot Tour would make me feel a bit like Goldilocks... the White Hot was too soft, the White Steel too firm, but the White Hot Tour was just right. :prop:

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure it is the same insert that's in the i-Black Series or whatever the new Black series is called.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure it is the same insert that's in the i-Black Series or whatever the new Black series is called.

The Tour series is much harder, very close to the White Hot, IMO.

The I series is entirely different. Firm on short putts, but softer on long ones to give you better feel.

I wasn't a fan of the Black milled, but i do like the Tour feel as well.

I gave my putter to a friend to try. While he was using it, another guy grabbed it and putted around with it. Both of them ordered Black I series #7's immediately after the round. Could be a coincidence, I guess....:laugh:

R35

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Change of plans!

All I can say is 1) that sales guy was good and 2) you can call me Goldie for short...

:cool:

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
:needpics:

I'll try to snap some tonight -- White Hot Tour #5 (33", 355g).

I was testing it in the shop again and I told the guy that I couldn't decide between this one or the Valerie and that I was bummed that he didn't have a Val in stock for me to test/buy. His suggestion was that I buy the Odyssey, he order the Valerie, and, if I'm not thrilled with the Odyssey, I come back for a straight up swap.

I love this little shop and am in there all the time. Hell, the majority of the clubs in my bag came out of this shop! The few things I knew for certain in my pending putter ho were that I'd be buying new and through his shop so it really was a win-win for me.

🔥 Latest posts