• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yet another shaft Question

Clemson

longest member member
Aug 2, 2007
What is the "weakest" stiff shaft? I ask this because, my old driver was a king cobra F speed regular flex ailda NV 65. My new driver is a TM R7 SQ with a VS Proto stiff.

I was getting more carry out of my Cobra when I hit it straight than I am getting out of my TM. I seem to be getting about the same distance out of TM on average with the roll. I haven't done enough testing of the TM yet to know if it is my swing or me not used to the shaft yet. I have a G5 head that I need to put a shaft in and I want to experiment with a different shaft. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I think you'll find the stock shafts are often the softest "stiff" shafts

what's the loft on the old/new drivers?

OP
Clemson

Clemson

longest member member
Aug 2, 2007
I had all the intentions of selling it with the Graffaloy Prototype Comp NT 65 xstiff shaft that it was a attached to until I hit it last thursday and head went further than the ball. I still don't know what happened to it. I didn't hit the ground. It had been sitting in the garage for two weeks untouched. So I figured I would use it as a lab rat and test a few shafts out. to find one that I like. I figure one head is the same as another.

OP
Clemson

Clemson

longest member member
Aug 2, 2007
Hey hacker, what do you mean by cheap?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Clemson, how'd you like the Comp NT? I've got a new one I'm planning to put in my G5.

OP
Clemson

Clemson

longest member member
Aug 2, 2007
I liked the comp NT. At first I thought it was a little to stiff for me so I let a co worker take it and hit to see if he wanted to buy it. Two weeks later I met him at the range to hit it finally, and I hit a couple when he was almost done and it surprised me how the ball was coming off the club. I was getting 240yds of carry not counting the roll. And that was with range balls and a decent head wind. So yeah I liked it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Clemson, I love your sig!

Copies and garage sale bookended by a Superquad, black pearls, and a Scotty!

I like your style!

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
One that I know of for sure is the Accuflex JLG Ultra Boom. The Stiff in that is more like a Regular +. Plus it's a nice shaft, and colorful too.

Likewise, the X-flex in the JLG isn't a very stout (normally) Stiff shaft.

🔥 Latest posts