• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yet another shaft thread!

DrBrown

Hack Numero Uno
Sep 2, 2005
Long story short I have A10 irons with DG S300 shafts and my swing speed is somewhere around 92mph with a 5 iron. Im not a hard swinger and I have a fairly smooth tempo back and through. I am only hitting my PW 105 yards and my 3-iron 195yds. Im a low handicapper and Im pretty accurate but just want some more distance.

I want to get fitted for new iron shafts but I dont know how to go about it. There are a couple local golf shops with launch monitors but 99% of the people that use them are looking for drivers so I dont know how much experience the employees could help me with iron fitting. I already know I need a standard lie/loft with irons so Im ahead of the game so far. It just comes down to what flex will get me 5+yds over what I am using now. I do know that once my swing changes become more comfortable I will be able to swing a little harder and max my swing out but I will still need a few more yards. I can live with how far I hit my driver even though its only around 275 but I do need to get more from my mid irons since I want to play more tourny's where the Tees are moved back.

ANYWAY, does anyone have any recommendations of what I should try to look at on the launch monitors? I would like to go in the store with some ideas as far as smash factor with an iron, ball speed versus SS, launch angle etc. I know a little about what to look for with a driver because I read into that a lot but with an iron Im clueless. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks if you read all this useless crap above. :)

~Dan

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.