• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

yo sssmoin' and wbl--whatsupp with deer season

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I have not heard anything about the hunting trip. Any good stories?????:emot-angel:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Not a good year. The farmers couldn't cut the corn because there wasn't a frost yet to kill the corn mold, mildew, or whatever that is on it from the wet weather. So, all the deer were sitting in the un-cut corn fields. End of the week they cut the corn and we started seeing deer. sssmokin's BIL got a big one opening morning but only one side. Would have been over 20" wide and nice heavy rack. sssmokin got a buck but not a big rack. Two other bucks taken off the land. I passed on a 6-point that needed to grow up. Highlight of the week was the last Saturday I rattled in a doe. She came running right up to me looking for the two fighting bucks. She seemed depressed there wasn't any and kept looking back while going back. Did also see 18 doe and fawns (all nice sized deer) one after another in a long line. Quite impressive. And the last day the young guy who normally sits in the stand I was in Saturday had a big, black wolf chasing a doe right by him. He fired some shots to scare it away and it kept chasing the doe. So we still have wolves on the land. Very relaxing week of hunting. Had fun.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Here's sssmokin's BIL's deer and sssmokin's buck....
DSCF0029.jpg
stand003.jpg
warbirdlover.jpg

🔥 Latest posts