• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You ever have one of those days

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
where you hit the ball 25 yards further than you normally do. I was crushing the ball today (for me anyways) with every club in my bag. I was hitting my driver 30 yards further, out drove the guy I play with all day and I never do that. On the the 434 yard 17th I had 92 freaking yards only, I normally have about 160. Weird, and sadly it will most likely be gone tomorrow.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I only get it a shot at a time. Every once in a while I'll hit a driver with the perfect in to out path, great extension and a perfect pivot. Usually leads to me laughing and shaking my head and my playing partners exclaiming "holy $hit". I guess that's what happens when you've got a $hitty swing like mine. I've seen a radar go from 99mph. to 114 10 swings later. My swing plane must only change once on the 114 vs. 6 times on the 99.
icon10.gif

So what did you hit 92yards?

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
I have one of those days just about every time I play golf. I think I'm the only person I know who can hit a full swing 9 iron 60 yards different from the one before it

buykrux

May 15, 2009
where you hit the ball 25 yards further than you normally do. I was crushing the ball today (for me anyways) with every club in my bag. I was hitting my driver 30 yards further, out drove the guy I play with all day and I never do that. On the the 434 yard 17th I had 92 freaking yards only, I normally have about 160. Weird, and sadly it will most likely be gone tomorrow.

those are they days i play the tips, my tee shots are always inside where i would hit them from the golds...its just one of those things, i always seem to strike it better from the black

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I have one of those days just about every time I play golf. I think I'm the only person I know who can hit a full swing 9 iron 60 yards different from the one before it

Hello, I'm John....now, you know someone else who can do the same thing. :laugh:

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Absolutely. About two days a week I'm a 2 cap. The other 5 days I'm Clark Kent- totally pedestrian. It's REALLY chewing up my club selection, because I might hit a 9 iron between 140 and 160, depending on a very minute swing error that is virtually immeasurable. 8 iron is good lately for 160-190 x.x I rolled a few past 200 and just shook my head and laughed.

That will cost me buckets of strokes on the course, because I will NEVER take an 8 iron out to hit it that far. I'll take an 8 to hit it 165, then sail the ball into the woods.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
My guess is that your timing and tempo were on, what a great feeling.

I love out driving people I play with, which doesn't happen very often.:D

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I played a new course with my oldest step-son over the weekend. Almost every iron shot was doing that, flying way beyond my usual distances.

My ball was sitting about 10 yards behind the 150 marker on one hole. My son knows my distances pretty well , so he suggested I hit my 8 iron and choke down on it. I knew I'd been hitting my irons really crisp all day so I grabbed my 9 iron and over flew the green by at least 15 yards.

Of course when I play tomorrow I'll probably be hitting them all short, :D

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I have them all the time. Some days golf is easy. Some days golf is hard.

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Definitely. I'm very hot and cold with the driver. Played with a young guy on Sunday who bombed it miles. There were a couple holes where I was within 10 yards of him, and a bunch where he was 50 past me. Go figure.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Never a whole day like that.

I usually strike my irons pretty well, and hit them pretty consistent distances. Last time I played, I had a ball sitting down in the right rough about 145 out. I hit 9 from 140 generally, so I decided to put a full swing on that to get a little extra spin. Solid contact, tracking right at the pin. Except, I started saying "Slow down!!!" My playing partner asked wtf I was talking about, that's going in. Flew the green by 20+ yards, OB. I dropped another, did what I thought was exactly the same swing; solid contact, put it to 8 feet... Wasn't a flyer lie, it was sitting down.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Usually it is only when I blade a wedge 30 yards over the green, and have had days where it happened most of the day. So I guess the answer to the question is yes, and I only pray it is back to normal the next time out. :laugh:

Although I have had days where my driver is that way, not normally with all my clubs. On those days I may be 5-10 yards longer, probably because I am just relaxed. If I all of a sudden started striking my irons 30 yards longer on a given day, I would probably be terrified for others safety. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.